Shaheedi Nagar Keertan Hamilton, Ontario

KhalsaJee

PARNAM SHAHEEDAN NU

SHAHEEDI NAGAR KEERTAN

JUNE 29th SUNDAY, 2008

In remembrance of Guru Arjun Dev Ji's Shaheedi and to commemorate

all the Shaheeds of the Khalsa Panth!

***Bayntee to ALL sangat***

If anyone would like to do seva of langars, shabeels, or bringing a float, please contact

the numbers or email on the poster.

Thanks to Sikh Federation for design layout

post-160-1212959616_thumb.jpg

Stick up loads of pics of modern day Shaheeds will scare the Indian govt and make headlines

Singh Sahib, I really don't think we should care for what the Indian Government thinks.

I believe we should change the attitude of our OWN people. Guru Sahib and all the Shaheeds gave up alot for us. The most we could do is look back and remember why they gave there lives for. What made them do that. Our own community brushes off the events of 84, not just 84 they brush of events prior to that too.

Again I for myself believe, let the indian government think of what it wants. They've got there chamchai sitting amongst us and planning there next strategies. We atleast should educate our own to root out those chamchai and stay away from them.

Bhul chuk maaf

Lots of Sevadars needed!!!

Pls contact Gurdwara Sahib!!!

Funny thing i should point out, when it comes down to ppl talking about our shaheeds, or 84 you can see everyone acting all tough and mighty that well do this and do that. But when it comes down to actually DOING or ACTING out these tasks there nowhere to be seen.

So again i ask ANYONE interested in doing ANY type of seva pls contact the forementioned numbers.

As far as the western person is concerned, shaheeds are terrorists. For nagar kirtans in general, rather than merely putting up pics of shaheeds, it's necessary to actually educate the average western tv viewer about what happened. Sikhs in general need to learn to use the media coverage benefit us for a change.

We could be more proactive:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sikhidentity/

http://www.flickr.com/groups/neverforget1984/

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

post-864-1213978489.gif

As far as the western person is concerned, shaheeds are terrorists. For nagar kirtans in general, rather than merely putting up pics of shaheeds, it's necessary to actually educate the average western tv viewer about what happened. Sikhs in general need to learn to use the media coverage benefit us for a change.

We could be more proactive:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sikhidentity/

http://www.flickr.com/groups/neverforget1984/

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

Your views are very true. At the same time we have to educate our own people too. This Nagar Keertan was started for a purpose. One, to educate and and keep our shaheeds memories alive. If you ask in the Sikh community WHY did Guru Arjun Dev Patshah give his shaheedi, only a few will give you the answer. If you ask about Guru Teg Bahadur patshah, Bhai Taru Jee, Bhai Sati Daas Jee, then come through history and ask about the singhs in 78, the history is ALL there, we just got to educate and remember there shaheedi.

Secondly, this nagar keertan was started due to the lack of REMEMBRANCE in general. If you look at ALL the bigger gurdwaras they have commercialized our shaheeds. When we get close to June they start preaching akhand paats and big gatherings, FOR WHAT ($$$). But as i've stated before, where is the action. No one speaks out for the injustice no one speaks up for sikh human rights. This is why a small gurdwara took the initiative.

Your view on educating the western society is very true aswell. We will take your views, and try to adopt them in the coming future. At the same time we ask for your assistance in anyway possible.

Bhul Chuk Maaf