who is into stock market??

Guest SikhForLife

why would GGS say its wrong to make money.. legally and morally.. stock market is moral.. not gambling!.. its just like running ur own store.. u invest to buy stuff and u sell for more.!! u make money and u contribute and pay back to society

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okey guys i really have no idea about stocks being okey as per Sikhi but there are two things to be noted:

- first of all as i said earlier, stocks in not only bad as we contribute to society and build up companies that give work to lots of people, and that is good!

- but we only sit and make money, we have not made any effort to earn the profit. NOT ALL. but lots of folks who are in stocks are only there to get the profit, they got lots of money from the parents and all...and they just doing all this to make more. i am not sure if this can be Kirat Kamai...

okey guys i really have no idea about stocks being okey as per Sikhi but there are two things to be noted:

- first of all as i said earlier, stocks in not only bad as we contribute to society and build up companies that give work to lots of people, and that is good!

- but we only sit and make money, we have not made any effort to earn the profit. NOT ALL. but lots of folks who are in stocks are only there to get the profit, they got lots of money from the parents and all...and they just doing all this to make more. i am not sure if this can be Kirat Kamai...

Hmm..I'm confused by your post Deep Singh. Some people work for $8 an hour doing heavy labour and some of us sit behind desks and slacks off and make much more. what do you have to say about that?

TheGuy....jee

i am ONLY sharing some thoughts about Stock/shares and it's relation to Sikhi...

i have no "official" opinion....that is why i shared both sides of the matter,

EVERYONE AGREES that Stock indexing is not bad....so i highlighted the "good" that comes from such things. people investe, that creates jobs, folks get food/fullfil their worldly needs etc....and that is good. from a wordly point-of-view.

but at the same time i say that as per Sikhi/Gurmat one should not go for money but ethics/moral. so just sitting on the computer making money is not the way Guru Sahib have told us to be. it is 'Shahoo-kari' and Dasam PaatShaa jee spoke against it.

so i have not found any Gursikh who could tell me in simple words if it is okey or not. that is why i presented my thoughts. what i have figured out till now is it is alright as long as you are not 100% obsessed to it, and give Dasvaand of all you earn. and the stocks you are investing into don't produce anything wrong, or else you support the production of bad prods. and the people who work in their companies are not treated badly. and maybe they follow ecological rules.

what i have figured out till now is it is alright as long as you are not 100% obsessed to it,

In 1999-2000 I was totally obsessed with it and totally forgot about anything else, your right.

Now I educated myself a little more and am not nearly as obsessed. Spend $30,000 on a business or buy $30,000 worth of shares into several companies, in my opinion it is the same thing.

Hmm..I'm confused by your post Deep Singh. Some people work for $8 an hour doing heavy labour and some of us sit behind desks and slacks off and make much more. what do you have to say about that?

Veer ji, Office work is stressful and mentally tiring. :@

Heh heh but labourers cannot watch episodes of Stargate SG1 while working :@