O' My True Love...........

auguniaar

ਮ: ੫ ॥

ਸੇਜ ਵਿਛਾਈ ਕੰਤ ਕੂ ਕੀਆ ਹਭੁ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ॥

ਇਤੀ ਮੰਝਿ ਨ ਸਮਾਵਈ ਜੇ ਗਲਿ ਪਹਿਰਾ ਹਾਰੁ ॥੩॥

{1095}

Random shabd, first post, galti maaf karni.....

To me there are countless/ocean-full translations for the second part of the shabd thats why i didn't post the english translation. This is my view/take and by no means is it the only explanation.........

ਸੇਜ ਵਿਛਾਈ ਕੰਤ ਕੂ ਕੀਆ ਹਭੁ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ॥

I have spread out my bed for You, O my Husband Lord, and applied all my decorations.)..... Its saying, I have taken amrit from satguru, have decorated my body with my 5 kakaar and now I have become holy, emancipated, I hve become a Sikh, now I will meet my true lord vaheguru, game over, BUT......second tuk says.....

I've taken amrit, I wear all my kakaars like the garland of flowers, I keep rehat, but this is in the way of me, meeting my love vaheguroo it has become a distraction for me, i worry what if i lose my kakaars, will i be accepted by my true lord vaheguroo, what if he doesn't like what i'm wearing? what if its not clean?, what if........

The point I'm trying to make is our true love ddoesn't look at what we wear, how we look, but if we have PURE love in our hearts if we are not engrossed in maya, if we are not worried about how we look and only have love for him he will coem, but if we have this dubidhaa that we have to live only one way, dress one way, keep a certain rehat, to be able to get his darshan we will not......

And then....I read the shabad again and then to me he's saying "O my true king, my love i have spread out my body-bed, applied all sorts of decorations on the bed-body so that you will love me, i long for you, and i have worn this garland of flowers to please you but when you embrace me it will come in the way of us, so i have taken it off because i don't want anything to come between us and so i can feel your embrace without anything separating us, oh my true love come into my bed-body and give me your darshan..............."

galti baksh laini