Johlanwala Baba Followers Cause Mayhem In Central Town Gurdwara Jalandar

Guest confusingh

Ok lets take panthic.org out of the equation even though I feel they do great seva... if there are political angles to everything what makes you think these sants don't have selfish angles and political loyalties, badal would worship a tree if he knew it would get him votes... I find it really offensive that one can see these people are being immune from error, the only one free from error is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, and if we are not to follow Guru ji and choose to follow Sants and Babay then what is the future for our dharam? How can you counter my argument other than by saying these people are immortal and they are gods themselves, this is against our religion you shouldn't give any divinity to Sants as this is a paap.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ALSO,

"Its every sikhs responsibility to find out the truth before making a decision or casting a judgement on anyone"

Lets use your quote veer ji, the same responsibility to find out the truth if these people are in fact 'super-human' ? and the same truth to find out whether these people are paapis? and the same truth to find out from who we should be following?

I'm sorry but there is no sense in this blind following.

Fateh!

Ok lets take panthic.org out of the equation even though I feel they do great seva... if there are political angles to everything what makes you think these sants don't have selfish angles and political loyalties, badal would worship a tree if he knew it would get him votes... I find it really offensive that one can see these people are being immune from error, the only one free from error is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, and if we are not to follow Guru ji and choose to follow Sants and Babay then what is the future for our dharam? How can you counter my argument other than by saying these people are immortal and they are gods themselves, this is against our religion you shouldn't give any divinity to Sants as this is a paap.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ALSO,

"Its every sikhs responsibility to find out the truth before making a decision or casting a judgement on anyone"

Lets use your quote veer ji, the same responsibility to find out the truth if these people are in fact 'super-human' ? and the same truth to find out whether these people are paapis? and the same truth to find out from who we should be following?

I'm sorry but there is no sense in this blind following.

Fateh!

my defence of Sant/Mahapurks has come from me listening and watching CDs/cassettes/videos/live kirtan...........listening to the message they tell the sangat about one thing and one thing only.....the path of Guru Ji....i wouldnt call that blind following as i have seen and heard what they say with my own eyes and ears....what i say hasnt come from reading an article or from what somebody else has to say.

with the quote i wrote earlier...the message i was trying to portray was ...to seek the truth.....listen to the kirtan programmes of sant/mahapursh ....spend time with them and listen to what they have to say.....and then judge after you've seen whats on both sides of the fence.

if you've always been on one side of the fence you'll never know whats on the other side hence you'll never know the real truth.

bhul chuk maaf

Guest confusingh

Your response could also be used to counter your own view...

What I say isn't solely from readin an article, I feel the values portrayed throughout Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj are what lead me to believe my point. I choose not to follow errant humans as a guide, but rather my inerrant Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I've heard sants/mahapurshs and have given them a chance, as all Sikhs should do, we should hear every point out in order to find true Sikhi, when a point cannot be proved wrong with logic and a coherent response, then that view stands valid, not exclusively correct but valid...

I gained nothing but a mix of true Bani with parchar of total brahmin myths, which attempt to justify the lifestyle of the Sant, they claim exclusivity of truth and I believe as a Sikh they cannot claim this, if they didn't there would not be the need of several different Sants and several different extravagant Dere... I believe Sikhs should not go to do darshan of these Sants but the only Darshan which are worthwhile and inerrant are those of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, as well as the historical and sites of our Gurus such as Sri Harmandir Sahib Ji and Sri Anandpur Sahib Ji, I mean if we go to visit Sants and Deres we will only get THEIR INTERPRETATION of Bani which is not immune of error as they are mere humans, we should consider ourselves to be in thirst of gian from the supreme maharaja of all Sikhs Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, rather than simply believing what one who uses the title of Sant says or does, I believe if one is wanting to carry out parchaar and provide a positive input for Sikhi such as allowing people to take Amrit, this should be done as a BHAI as these people advertise programmes in which chimte and dholki and catchy tunes are their way to lure in a crowd, rather than advising people to seek the inerrant truth from Bani. IF you are able to find a fault with me saying Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is inerrant or if you believe Sants are inerrant and are not humans but are divine then I feel you should read through Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji for guidance.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna Je Galti Hoi

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

This the same Sants who had a court case going on for stealing land? They are all quite ignorant anyway!

Well... you might find somebody on this forum telling you they saw the sant flying on a carpet and throwing flowers on them then they prayed to them and won the lottery,,, we don't need sants, and if it came to it and I saw one of these pakhandis I wouldn't like to see what they look like after... how many of these sants have cases against them and are charged and paid to justice? oh ignorant people,,, dont you see we dont need humans to guide us to god... when we have Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Fateh!

Here is a thread that proves, using Gurbani, that sants are a part of this path. The thread discusses the role of sants in detail: http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...21&hl=sants