I Am Not A Sikh Or Hindu I Am .....................

If im honest with myself, I am neither Sikh, Hindu, muslim , or any other name tag, I am a SOUL.

A Soul that wants to be united with God some day.

A soul trapped in Anger, Ego, Greed, Attachment and Pride.

Everday, I get trapped by one of these vices, esp anger.

I have wasted precious time in my life giving in to each of these vices, even wasted time on this site venting my "anger" about muslims etc.

I was looking for ANSWERS but the answer was always there!

If I truly beleive in God I dont need to get angry about who said what or did what to me, my family or people.

I dont need to get angry because GOD will punish those who do wrong, and are guilty of a sin, whether it be in relation to Partition, 1984, Pakistanis converting sikhs girls or beatin up sikh guys or whatever.

SO WHY DO I GET ANGRY ABOUT IT AND WASTE TIME FIGHTING AND ARGUEING, WHEN I COULD PRAY?

The fact that I get hung up on ego or anger shows my lack of FAITH.

Who am I to insult or put down anothers religion or belief? How strong is MY own beleif.

In the sacred texts (whether it be the Granth Sahib, Bhagvad Gita, Vedas, it is written :

To be one with god meditate on his name and remove yourself from ANGER, EGO, GREED, ATTACHMENT AND PRIDE.

In the Bible it says; let he who has not sinned caste the first stone?

Yet me, I cast stones all the time?

Can anyone share any prayers that they do everyday to mediate on Vaheguroos name? and to rid themselves of the 5 vices?

I urge the Mods to move the Gurbani section to the top of this site, so that that is the FIRST section people NOTICE when they come here, rather than getting beat down, distracted by the Politics and hate often depicted in this section; as I was.

I have seen certain hate filled people on this Forum, and I really dont want to end up like them.

FROM TODAY I WILL NEVER WRITE ANYTHING DISRESPECTFUL ON THIS SITE ABOUT ANOTHER RELIGION, CULT, GROUP AGAIN.

------------

I really hope Nehmat reads this thread and posts a prayer, because of all the people I have encountered on this site he seems the most spiritual, and at ease with true Dharma - whatever name you chose ot call it.

Of course everyone else is also welcome.

The Granth Sahib Ji talks about LOVING GOD, AND HUMANITY, it uses names such as Vaheguroo, Ram, Hari, Krishen and Allah for God, yet some insult these very names?

ME? I was better a few years ago, when I had lesser knowledge about Sikhi, because my faith was stronger. I would feel a closeness with god when in the temple and at peace.

But ever since I started visiting religious forums, and reading so called "know it alls" questioning about other faiths and in-turn reading people of other faiths questioning mine, I also became like them, THINKING I had superior knowledge ot those of other faiths and that I was better!

I am NOT.

Truth be told I myself over the years have become so full of questions about not only others faith, but my own also, that i have found that MY belief has DECLINED.

From today I start again, no label , no politics, no ego, no judgments, no hate for others religions, JUST FAITH.

VAHEGUROO, OM SHANTI OM, AMEN

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use