Bhai Fauja Singh Jees Letter

s50

This letter speaks to those like Joginder Thind and others today, just like it did over 25 years ago.

>>>>>>>>>>

Respected Amarjeet Kaur jeeo,

Vaahiguru jee ka khasa vaahiguru jee kee fateh!

I have accepted your advice and have forgotten that Singh. He can do whatever he wants. What is it to us?

Otherwise, I have a request I want to make of you. We have finished our worldly lives and taken birth in the Guru's house and even more than that, we have enlisted in the Guru's army. It is the responsibility of every Sikh born in the Guru's house that he does some seva, and we have as of yet not been able to do this seva with our own hands. But we certainly should do some seva. You should consider the case you are fighting as seva of Gursikhi and do so in a heartfelt, happy and thankful spirit, knowing that Satguru jee is teaching something and something good will come out of this lesson.

If you stay laughing and happy, then know that his will is sweet. There is almost no Sikh spirit left in Singhs now. If you stay laughing and happy, then forget just Fauja Singh, know that you will break the jail of the entire world. If you lose this battle or feel scared/worried, and if you go sit alone in regret, then know that the livng example of Sikhi has begun to falter. Become like how Singhs and Singhnees are supposed to be. Make your life embody those principles. That hot air (hard time) you are in now, should become cool after touching your body. Those jungles that you must go through should remain laughing by your spirit for years to come. Those oceans which you must cross, their deepness and terror should always be reduced. Those paths that you are going to walk on, should forever bear your marks. That life which rises above cowardice becomes like a spring of love. It becomes a tower of sacrifice. Those people who call sacrifice "being destroyed", let them say it. This is what suits them. Those people who enjoy sleeping on their comfortable beds, and call this "life", let them talk. This is their delusion.

Those who see jail and the noose as manmat, let them rest. They cannot resolve any affair of the Kaum. Those who become terrified by the crackle of the gun, let them jap naam so their cowardice can be eliminated.

Those who cannot protect their own life, faith and daughters and sisters, let them act smart because they cannot do kurbani (sacrifice). Those who are attached to their daughters, sons and property, let them remain intoxicated in that. They know a lot of excuses and they cannot bear any hardships due to their nature.

Do not feel bad about those who use the excuse of bhagti and do not pay attention to the work of the Kaum. This is their karma.

Don't speak to the frog in the well about the ocean. Understanding the ocean is not something it is capable of doing. Those Kaums who smoke cigarettes and use tobacco are rising to new heights. The Singh children of Dasam Guru, the free Kaums, are crying for the Nehkalank.

Sat Sri Akaal to the Sarbat Khalsa.

Fauja Singh

To be one with Vaheguru, we have to do not only keep rehit and japp Naam but we also need to do Sewa. A Singh/Singhnee who shies away from sewa is deficient in being a Khalsa.

When Bhai Fauja Singh jee got arrested, many criticized him for indulging in politics. They distanced themselves from him. They must have said all these things to Bibi Amarjeet Kaur and to this Bhai Fauja Singh jee wrote that those who want to just Japp Naam, let them do so, so that their Buzdilee (cowardice) be eradicated.

Having said that, there are some who are on the other side of the argument and they insist only on doing Panthak sewa and not giving too much importance to rehit and japping Naam. A Singh who cannot keep the basic rehit of Khalsa and cannot keep Amritvela and Naam Abhyaas can do not much sewa for Panth and his or her sewa does not produce the desired results.

If we want to do something good for the Panth, we must first bring our own mind under control. We must control the 5 vices. We must be indulged in Naam and Gurbani. Our jeevan must be a Gursikhi jeevan in accordance to Gurbani. We must keep Guru Sahib's rehit and not leave out rehit we find hard to keep. Then if we do panthak sewa, it will bring the results in no time. Bhai Fauja Singh jee's shaheedi and the other 12 Beloved Singhs shaheedi shook the Earth in 1978. This happened because they had kamaayee. We too must do kamaayee.

BhaiFaujaSingh2-798927.jpg

Interview with Bibi Amarjeet Kaur

Some relevant question and answers

What was the relationship like between Bhai Sahib Fauja Singh jee and Sant Giani Kartar Singh jee Bhindravale?

-There was a very loving relationship. Sant Giani Kartar Singh jee used to have a lot of love and respect for him. He would spread his hazooriya on the ground for him (Bhai Sahib) to sit on.

It was in those days that some mischievous people disrespected Sree Guru Granth Sahib jee in Gurdwara Guru Kay Mehal and he (Bhai Sahib) had arrived there along with his companions. The incensed mob threw rocks and bottles of acid at the Singhs. Their clothes burnt off but their bodies were alright. After this incident, we along with the Bhindravala Jatha took out a march through Amritsar and at this time Sant jee gave his full support.

It was also at this time that we would go to Mehta Chownk to do Akhand Keertan. Sant Giani Kartar Singh was very opposed to human Gurudoms and because of this, he (Bhai Sahib) had a lot of love for him. To stop the Narakhdari attacks, we started a common front.

And in addition, he also had a lot of love for Sant Baba Harnam Singh Rampur Khaeray vaalay. One time Sant jee came from Khaera Sahib to Sree Amritsar and his avasthaa was very vairagi. I met him in Guru Ram Das Saraa(n) and I asked him to come to our home. Sant jee had not eaten for four days.

He (Bhai Sahib) said to Baba jee, “Baba jee, please give my message to Guru Gobind Singh jee� Baba jee replied, Alright son, I'll give it.� What that message was, I didnt know nor did he ask.

The next day Sant jee said, Son, I gave your message to Guru Sahib. Guru Sahib has said, So Sikh sakhaa bandhap hai bhai jo gur kay bhaanay vich aavai.�

At that time I didnt understand what Guru Sahibs bhaaNaa was. When he became shaheed though, I understood everything about what bhaaNaa Sant jee was talking about.

? At the time of Bhai Sahibs martyrdom, what do you think Sant Giani Jarnail Singh jee Bhindranvales mental state was?

-I felt that because of his (Bhai Sahibs) shaheedee along with the shaheedee of his companions, Sant jee was feeling a lot of pain. The pain in his heart was visible on his face. He used to say that he was indebted to these Singhs who had spilled their blood for Shabad Guru. I will pay off this debt by spilling my own blood. The whole world will be left watching.

? Usually in the media and in the religious-political groups, you are presented as having been opposed to Sant jee. How much truth is there in this?

-There is no truth in this at all. I truly respected Sant Giani Jarnail Singh jee from my heart and will continue to do so. He used to have a lot of respect for me as well. I remember that when we used to meet in the Parkarma, he would say Fateh first and would say over and over, Well Bibi jee, are you well? Is there any seva ,if you need anything let me know. My head bows before you and because you are the wife of a Shaheed, I respect you from my heart.

Note, i've only picked out a few q&a from the interview