Amritdhari Marriages

Guest harminderkaur

Guest harminderkaur

I am going to be taking amrit soon and when I told my family, they had objections on the basis of how they will find a good amritdhari boy for me. That was the only reason some of them objected and I instantly replied if someone didn't want to marry me because I was amritdhari then its better I not marry. Though I did tell them off it upset me a great deal. But that is not the reason I am making this topic.

I made this topic to point out two things to girls like me whose families object on the basis marriage.

1. Ask them to look at sites like these where there are mulitude of topics dedicated to guys being unable to find girls because they are gursikhs. Its not the lack of boys out there or girls, its lack of knowledge.

2. Sometimes marriage is just an excuse to stop you from amrit. I know that sounds ridiculous but that turned out to be the case in my story. My biggest objector on basis of marriage was my aunt (my favorite aunt) and yesterday she herself admitted that there have been two families asking for my hand for their amritdhari sons. And this is before I have even taken amrit....would such guys object later? I don't think so. After I confronted her about making a big deal of me being unable to get married if I take amrit, when she knew this along, she changed her story to how i should wait a while longer and how she wants to find me the best match possible. Can there be a better match then a guru sikh following the rehat?

Don't just bow down to the fact that your parents or relatives say they won't be able to find you a match because guru ji is always there for you.

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

totally agree with ye sis there lots of GurSikh families in india that say to daughter dont get married coz u never know who you will marry but oaviously if u a father u want ur daughter to be married in a family that is GurSikh if u r and not to a family that drink smoke eat meat and may treat ur daughter bad

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

A singhni once told me lol " We're in Demand!"

hahaha parents relative, too much drama they cant even speak the truth, congrats on finding out the truth, never trust what ur parents say lol,

They try to make us scared of them but in reality they're scared that what are they gonna do if we dont obey them.,

Especially when its near marriage time parents pull a lot of stuff to get u married,

these type of things also happen so that the Girl naturally starts to break off her moh attachment from her family,