Defination Of Gurbani

bebiha

• 2 months later...

I found this: SHABAD, NAAM, BANI, GURBANI - WHAT IS IT? http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart20.htm

• ਸਭਿ ਨਾਦ ਬੇਦ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ॥: Sabh naad bed gurbani: Sound current of the Naad, the Vedas, everything is Gurbani (sggs 879).
  • ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਇਸੁ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਚਾਨਣੁ ਕਰਮਿ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਏ ॥੧॥: Gurbani is jag mahi chaanan karam vasai man aaye ||1||: The Gurbani is the Light (Infinite Wisdom, Giaan, etc.,) to illuminate this world (that shows one the right path or way in the life - ਜੀਵਨ ਦੇ ਰਸਤੇ ਵਿਚ ਚਾਨਣ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੀ); by the Karma it comes to abide within the mind ||1|| (sggs 67).
  • ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਬਣੀਐ ॥: Satgur kee bani satt saroop hai gurbani baneeai: The Word of the True Guru's (or God's) Bani is the embodiment of Truth; therefore, realize Gurbani (sggs 304).

The Gurbani is a living Word of God. It's also called Gurmat the Divine Teaching (Matt). It is Giaan-Kalaa. It is given to the entire mankind to meditate upon it; to feast upon it; and to drink in it! The Aatam-Giaan (Self-knowledge) is boxed in it as fragrance is boxed in a flower. Any devotion (Bhagti) without Self-knowledge is empty as a married life to an eunuch! Hence the True Gurbani is the Shabd-Guru or God, and True Guru or God is the Gurbani.

There is so much written in this link, its confusing, is this what gurbani is as i dont know either. Hope i not offended anybody by copy pasting,maf kardo if i have.