InnerJourney

GuruFatehJi.

KhalsaJi,

Here's a mailing list I began recently, which borrows wisdom and inspiration from different faiths of the world. It not only inspires and encourages your spirit, but also helps us understand and appreciate the knowledge imparted to us by various enlightened souls whose quotes guide our spirit to higher consciousness.

Although this mailing list is not directly related to Sikhism, I thought it would be of benefit in one way or another, which will also eventually help us on our path in Sikhi, as knowledge and inspiration is universal which is relavent to whatever faith we are in. Also, the people on my daily mailing list come from all faiths, so it gives us all an opportunity to learn about each other's faith. In the long run, it will help us to appreciate and understand people of various faiths with whom we share our temporary earthly abode.

If you would like to be a part of the mailing list, do drop me an email. A point of note is that the beginning message are my thoughts which I share with my friends. Your comments and input on the daily subjects would be of great help, as I also have yet so much to learn.

Below is a sample of the InnerJouney messages which I will be posting daily on this forum.

GuruFatehJi.

L*

------------------------

InnerJourney - Death/Life

Hello, fellow traveller!

If there is one thing common in us all mortals, then it surely is the fear of death. No one wants to speak about it and there is mournful silence when it passes by as a reminder that it is so much a part and parcel of our very existence here on earth. A person who has no purpose in their life will fe

ar death because they have no clue on why they have been born in this world. We are all here to fulfil the Divine Purpose and it is our challenge and duty to realise what role we are here to play in our life. When we realise that purpose, we reform our beings and live a life of righteousness and of prayer and the fear of death disappears. It is only then that we really live life to the fullest because our lives are guided by purpose and it is not dragged into sin and corruption of the spirit.

Death is merely a beginning, not an end. It is all a matter of belief and faith. If we think of where the greatest of humble and holy souls are today, we can only imagine that they are in a much better realm of existence where we are also headed to as well. We are so attached to the comforts of this world that we fear losing all that we have when death comes to claim us. For one who lives with the understanding that everything that we see, hear and feel is all illusionary and temporary, we will then learn to focus on the Divine who then directs how we live our life so that when His Call comes, we will not fear, but rather look forward to merge into the Real Life Himself, God.

It takes faith, courage and wisdom to understand the nature of death. If we can only understand that everything here on earth, which also includes you and me, are all mortals and that we will leave behind our body of dust, we will support our soul’s quest to become pure and worthy of God. And when the end comes, the dust is left behind and the soul can finally make that journey for which it has been in wait for so many ages – to a place of absolute Bliss, Peace and Love – God’s Abode, where there is no suffering, no pain and no attachments – verily, our Real Home.

Have a great day. God bless you.

- Lakhvir Singh

WISDOM QUOTE - Death

There's but little breath left

on the boundary of this life and next.

Not knowing if I'll be here next morning,

why try to trick death

with life-schemes f

or a permanent future?

-Buddhist Wisdom

INSPIRATION QUOTE - Life

Beth could not reason upon or explain the faith that gave her courage and patience to give up life, and cheerfully wait for death. Like a confiding child, she asked no questions, but left everything to God and nature, Father and Mother of us all, feeling sure that they, and they only, could teach and strengthen heart and spirit for this life and the life to come.

- Louisa May Alcott (in Little Women)

InnerJourney’s main purpose is to try and uplift the spirits and encourage the self into becoming a better individual. InnerJourney defines the journey we all travel, seeking answers and inspiring those who need that little extra push to a more positive outlook on life.

If you found this email of benefit, invite a friend to join the mailing list. Thank you for taking time to read this email, it is my sincerest hope and prayer that it encouraged you today, and for the rest of your peaceful and fruitful long life. Blessings.

. . . . . . I N N E R J O U R N E Y . . . . . .