Casteism Eroding Sikhism

singhawk

we have got the wrong idea.

there is such thing as caste in sikhi. but there is no such thing as hankaar of caste. ego of caste has no room in sikhi

caste is mentioned in gurbani too. but maharaj says those who have hankaar over their caste, they are fools.

Guest mehtab1singh

we have got the wrong idea.

there is such thing as caste in sikhi. but there is no such thing as hankaar of caste. ego of caste has no room in sikhi

caste is mentioned in gurbani too. but maharaj says those who have hankaar over their caste, they are fools.

Then maybe you can help me here :) --->>> http://www.sikhsanga...post__p__424294

The way I see it, Gurujee didn't even want a Sikh to ASK another Sikh his/her caste. Thats how forbidden it is. So I don't think there is any place for caste in Sikhi. But I could be wrong. After all, my sareer was born in the community that started this caste garbage, yet I am totally against it and keep breaking my head again and again on the wall (wall = people who can't/don't understand) to convince that Sikhi has no place for caste. Please do shed light.

Caste system realy needs to be eradicated from Sikhi.

But no one is doing some thing for practical implication of the same and everybody

just talks ,gives quotes from Gurbaani . Can any body from so called higher castes

can marry his daugtrer/son to a boy /daughter from so called lower caste? If yes,

it is O.K. and if no , please forgive me , we are only so called Sikhs or BHEKHI SIKHS

and not real SIKHS.

I being an Amritdhari ,wanted to marry an Amritdhari SIKH Girl in 1979-80 and

advertised in a leading Punjabi news papper mentioning especially "Caste no bar"but

got response from only 2 references one was from Sandhu Jats and another from

Ahluwalia family.Because I had decided for inter caste marriage and that too without

dowry and with Baraat of only 5 persons including Myself ,Ihad no option other than the

Ahluwalia familys Girl who ( now my SINGHANI )was Amritdhari too. Though I had to

make all out and very hard efforts to get my mother agreed for it.

One of my brothers daughter has married a boy from RAVIDASIA family and

the farher of the girl who is my elder brother ,though participared in the marriage

and has also perfomed the Rasam of PALLA PHARANA, is not in talkative terms with

his daughter and her husband and does not allow the couple to enter his house.

I call him BEIMAAN because is hostile in the court of SIKHI and GURU by participating

the marriage ceremony in the presence of GURU GRANTH SAHIB as father of the Girl

but now hasitates to accept the relationship due to society.

So to eradicate the caste system from SIKHI we shall have to be bold enough

to accept rather welome such stories.

Bhul chuk Khnma

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh