Vairag Shatak Pt 30 {English}

“SAVEYAH”

“SHAANT NIJANTAR KING N GAHEH KATT DOLAY BRITHA BHAVV MOH SO GANNA.

HOY YATHA SO TATHA NIJJ HAVEH TUMTE ANTHA WAHO HOVAT NA.

PREET N SAATH BATEET PAHLI KASH HAATH MILEE N YATHA SUPNA.

MON GAHOH ABB MOH N GAHOH TUM MOR GIRRA JINN MOR MANNA.”

{29}.

Nijantar=nij+antar=in itself. King=kiyo=why. Gaheh=grasping/holding. Katt doleh=wandering where. Bhav=sansar=world. Gannah=very much so. Yatha=like/comparable. Tatha=likewise. Nijj haveh= self occurring. Antha=be-arth=futile. Bateet=in the past. Mon=silence. Mon=not me. Morr Girra=my bani=words etc. Jinn=no. Morr=turn away. Mannah=heh mind.

Why do you not become shaant{at peace}? , why do you wander around the world in futility? Whatsoever is going to happen will happen automatically , you cannot undo that. It is not wise to do preet{love/devotion} with the past because nothing can be achieved by it. Just as a supna{dream} comes and goes but dwelling on it is futile. Now grab hold of shaanti{peace} do not grab me oh mann{mind}! Do not ignore my bachan{words/teachings} , artharth{i.e} do not reject my sikhya{teachings}.

{29}.

Khulasa{further explanation}:- 1. “Nanak lilaar likhya soy met na saakeh koy. Kalla dreh hirreh soy”.

2. “Lekh na mitey heh sakhi jo likheh kartar”.

3. “Joh Kish lekh likhyo bidhna so paiet missar joo sok nivaro”.

4. “Ya yug te yug aureh hoy soh toh phall toheh milleh. Bidh saachi nahih lae tihko. Narr aur soh itt utteh dauban meh matt kehat raachi. Hoy prasan soh ram bhajoh.”

Hey mann{oh mind}! Whatsoever is written in your bhaag{fortune} you alone will receive it , no other can take that. Then why are you running around here and there? What is not written in your bhaag{fortune} cannot be obtained ever , then why the running around? {please note that Satsangat can change ones fortune , not others}.

Once upon a time a jyotshi{astrologer} made a jyotish{astrological prediction} as to whether the paras{touchstone} exists and if so from where it can be obtained? From his prediction he deduced that paras{touchstone} does exist and can be acquired from the banks of the river Attuk , which is of a particular colour , size , and shape. He then calculated the duration of the paras{touchstone} remaining there. His calculations concluded one hundred and five days. Upon completing the jyotish{astrological prediction} he had the desire to set off on this epic journey and to retrieve the paras{touchstone} , which would fulfil all his desires/hungers etc. By turning ordinary metal into gold he would make immense amounts of money, thus being able to partake in all the worldly pleasures achieving even greater heights than kings/rulers. With this in mind he set off to locate the paras{touchstone}. He arrived at the exact location as per his research. Today was the one hundred and fifth day i.e. last and as such he frantically reached the river banks. His gaze fell on the paras{touchstone} which was exactly the same size , colour , and shape as calculated in his jyotish{astrology}. He was about ten yards away from it when he saw a water carrier woman take the stone and commenced scrubbing her feet with it using the water from the river. The pandit looked on helplessly as he wished that he could snatch it away from her. He realised that this course of action would be incorrect. He considered asking for it but thought she would become suspicious since there were so many other similar stones there already, why would that one be so special? Then he considered telling her that it was a paras{touchstone} and asking for it but that would be foolish since why would someone willingly give away a paras{touchstone}. He sighed as he sat down and waited for the lady to leave. His gaze was transfixed on the paras{touchstone} with which the lady was busy scrubbing her feet away. He was fantasising about the pleasures that he would enjoy as a result of acquiring this paras{touchstone}. He was mesmerised in deep thought when he heard a large splash. With a huge shudder he almost screamed when he witnessed the woman throwing the paras{touchstone} deep into the river. “What have you done” cried the pandit , “I have been travelling for months in order to obtain this what have you done?” With this the pandit broke down and wept like a child as he hit his head against the ground repeatedly. “Pandit Ji! It appears that you are a wise and learned, why so much commotion over a simple stone?” asked the woman in a patient manner. “There are so many other stones here , take your pick!” The pandit took a long sigh and said “maiee{mother figure} what would you know , that was not a mere stone it was a paras{touchstone}”. “How do you know it was paras{touchstone}?” asked the woman. The pandit narrated the whole story of how he used the powers of jyotish{astrology} to arrive there in order to retrieve the paras{touchstone} after covering many miles and “you have destroyed all my hardwork!” The woman then said in a patient manner “pandit you have learned the whereabouts and signs of this through your vidhya{education}. After much travel and enduring many hardships you have arrived at the correct spot but did you not gain the knowledge as to whether or not this paras{touchstone} was in your kismet{destiny}? I am your kismet{destiny} and the procurement of this paras{touchstone} is not in your bhaag{destiny} , go and sit down peacefully”. With these words the woman vanished into thin air. The pandit woke up to the fact that whatever is in one’s bhaag{destiny} , no other can take it.

Just as it is said that a person found a degh{large pot} of mohra{gold coins} near a river bank. He thoroughly covered this degh{large pot} with soil and went home. He had the bharosa{faith} that if it is mine then it will come to me , if it is not then why waste time and energy retrieving it and be seen by others. He came home and rested peacefully. At midnight some thieves made a sunn{tunnel} to his home in order to burgle his home. “You will not find anything here, you will only waste your time here” he shouted to the thieves. “Today at the river I saw a degh{large pot} full of mohra{gold coins} buried under some soil and if it is your intention to obtain wealth then go there and dig it up”. It was a well known fact that this Bhagat never told lies and as such the thieves his word without hesitation. They arrived promptly at the said location and were overjoyed to find the buried degh{large pot}. They began digging frantically but upon opening the lid they heard the hissing of a fierce snake! “the Bhagat is chalak{cunning}” said the thieves as they thought that they were being deliberately misguided. “Good job we lifted the lid first and not place our hands in straight away” they said to each other. “The best retaliation would be to throw the snake onto the Bhagat so that he can receive pay back for conning us”. With these thoughts in mind the thieves removed their turbans and used them to carry the degh{large pot}. They climbed onto the roof of the bhagat’s house and strategically placed the degh{large pot} in the direction of the bhagat’s manja{bed}. They ripped a hole in the roof and aimed the contents of the degh{large pot} towards the manja{bed}.

The Bhagat had just returned after attending to his bodily functions{bathroom} and saw that a cat had occupied his bed. Bhagat see prabhu{Waheguru} in all roop{forms} and as such left the manja{bed} for the cat whilst he made his bed on the floor. When the Bhagat had fallen asleep the cat went after shikar{prey} thus leaving the manja{bed} empty. At that point when the thieves tipped the contents of the degh{large pot} through the hole in the roof. The mohra{gold coins} came rattling down as they formed a large mound , and that is why it is said that “HOY YATHA SOH TATHA NIJJ HVAH” and “TOH PHALL TOHEH MILEH BIDH SAACHI HAIH” {you alone will receive your fortune and none else}.