Vairag Shatak 35 {English}

KABITT

“PARAAR KE SANEH KO NIVAAR MANN BEECH,

BUDHBUDHEH REKAH JAAN DAMNI SAMANIEH.

PUNNA DIPTAGHAN MEH NAGAN MEH NADHI BEGH MAHEH,

JAISEH SUKH NAHIH TASEH TAHAH JANIEH.

DEV NADHI TEER KI PAVITTAR DHARA PARR,

BAETH NEEL KANTH MAHEH NEEHT UTT KANHTA NAANIEH.

ABB AISIE REET KARO BHOGAN KI PREET HAROY,

GUR VEDH VAAK DHAROH TEEN TAAP HAANIEH.

{34}.

Saneh=pyar=love. Damni=bijli=electricity. Diptaagan=inferno.

Naagin=cobra snake. Begh=avalanche. Dev nadhi=Ganga. Teer=kanda=thorn. Neeht=unflinching. Uthkanta=preeti=devotion. Hareh=destroy. Neel kant=blue necked Shivji.

When Devteh{angels} and Daent{demons} whisked the ocean they obtained fourteen rattan{treasures}. There was the horrendous vikh{poison} “hallalal” which Shivji drank but did not allow it to go further than the mouth , which caused their neck to turn blue hence “neelkhant”.

1.Heh mann{oh mind}! Abandon the moh{attachment} of the parivaar{family}. Consider the sareer{body} akin to a water bubble or the line that electricity lightning makes i.e.very short lived.

2. Just as there is no sukh{happiness} in placing ones hand in an inferno , in a pit of venomous snakes , or being in the midst of an avalanche in the same way the moh{attachment} of sanbandis{family/relatives} should be considered.

3. Sit by the banks of the holy river Ganges , focus the mind and engage in simran.

4. Adopt this reeti{habit} now of abandoning the preeti{love} of bhog{material pleasures/lust etc.} from the mann{mind}. Adopt the Vedh vachan and Gurus vachan{divine knowledge} which will eradicate teen taap{ill health,mental problems,and kalesh=torment}.

{34}.

CHAUPI

“JANAM MAHAH BARR GRASYO MARAN KARR.

AGG KO JAPP JIYO MRIGG KO NAHARR.

PUN NIRMAL ATT JUBANKOOLA.

JARRA KARRA TAKHO NIRMOOLA.

{35}.

DURAT HARAT JIYO TURAT GANGH JALL.

KALHEH GONN JIYO KARE MAUNN BAL.

PUN DHAN CHAIHEH GRASYO SANTOKHA.

YAGG VIPAAK GRASEH JIYOH ROKHA.

{36}.

Graseho= grasped. Maran=mauht=death. Nahar=sher=lion. Jarra=budepa=old age. Jubankoola=with youth. Nirmala=without root. Durat=paap=sin. Kaleh=fight/argument/etc. Maun=silence. Bal=strength. Chaheh=desire. Vipaak=phall=fruition. Rekah=of krodh.

1. The uttam{superior} janam{life} is under the grasp of death in the way that Simran has a stronghold over paap{sins}. I.e. Simran is the lion and paap{sins} are the antelope.

2. The beautiful youthfulness is grasped by old age , i.e. all the pleasures endured during youth have been made baseless by the old age.

3. Just as the water of Gangha{Ganges} destroys paap{sins} , just as silence can diffuse a fight.

4. Then the isha{desire} of wealth has a stronghold over santokh{satisfaction}. The phall{fruition} of yagg{huge food seva} is under the grasp/stronghold of krodh{anger}.

{36}.

“CHAUPAIEE”

“TARAL TARUN TARNI KE LOCHAN.

TAHEH VIBHARMEH SABH SUKH MOCHAN.

JIYOH NIRVEDH KEDH BHAV HAREH.

PUNA SATTO JIYOH RAJTAMM TAREH.

{37}.

GRASEH GUNNI KE GUNN KO KHALL IYOH.

BRAHM BICHAAR BIKAAR GRASEH JIYOH.

GRASEHYO KHITT KO IYOH URGADHIKK.

LAAJ TRAAS KO JIYOH KAAMADIKK.

{38}.

Taral=chanchal=cunning/mesmerising. Tarun=youth. Tarni=istri=female. Lochan=eyes. Vibharmeh=mesmerise. Mochan=to cut. Nirvedh=vairag=renunciation. Khed=dukh=torment. Bhav=life {2} world. Gunni=people with good attributes. Khall=fools. Brahm vichar=Atam vichar=divine contemplation. Khitt=land. Urgadhikk=snakes etc.

Just as the sukh{peace} of a person is diminished when they become mesmerised upon looking into cunning eyes of a young female.

Just as all the worldly dukh{torments} diminish with vairag{renunciation} , and just as sattogunn{peace} diminishes tammogunn{greed} and rajjogunn{hunger for power}.

{37}.

The gunn{good attributes} of gunni{good} people are under the stronghold of moorakh{fools} in this way , just as Atam vichar{divine contemplation} is under the stronghold of vikaar{lustful activities etc.} The dharti{land} is occupied by venomous snakes just as kaam{lust etc.} has occupied laaj and dharr{fear of immorality etc.}

{38}.

CHAUPAIEE

“GRASHT DURJANOH KARR NRIP AISEH.

GILLEH PRASHAN KO UTTAR JAISEH.

SAGAL VIBHOOT ANISTHIRTAH NE.

GRASIEE MANEEKHA JIOH CHINTA NE.

{39}.

ISS PRAKAAR JANN KE KE NAHIEE.

GRASET KAAL KARR YA BHAV MAHIEE.

AJJ PAPEELKA LAU JAGG JETOH.

GRASET SAMAST KAAL KARR TEHTOH.

{40}.

Durjann=bad people. Gilleh=swallows. Anisthirthah=destructible. Maneekha=intellect. Ajj=Brahm. Papeelka=Ant. Samast=All.

The Raja is under the stronghold of bad people , just as a prashan{question} is under the stronghold of the uttar{answer}. Who in this world is not under the stronghold of kaal{death}? i.e. from Brahma to the smallest ant the whole world is under the stronghold of kaal{death}.

{39}{40}.

“KARE GRAHEET CHAMRANG BILAAS SOH PRAMAVTI.

TINEH KARE KARE HALEH KAREH DUNHI SOH BAAVTI.

AROGH DEH AHYUKHA MAHAH ASATTAR RAJ HAIH.

JABBEH SAMEEP APNE LAKEH ITTEH SAMAJH HAIH”.

{43}.

Kare=in hand. Graheet=holding. Chamrang=of the chaur=fly whisk. Bilaas=merriment. Bramavti=serving. Kare Kare=bangles on the wrists. Kare=are doing. Dunhi=avaaz=sound. Ayukha=age. Asattar=without enemies. Sameep=in possession. Lakeh=come to know.

1. The females standing behind me are twirling the chaur{whisk} over my head as they laugh and smile with merriment.

2. As a result of which their bangles jingle , which pleases my mann{mind} immensely.

3. The deh{body} is without rog{illness} and the umrah{age} is youthful and the immense raj{kingdom} is without enemy.

4. When a person has these in their possession , then:-

{43}.

“PARPNCH BHOG SVAADH MAEH NISANKK TAU ABBHI RAMOH.

BHAVEH TATHAAN TAU KAHAH BRITHA ITTEH UTTEH PRAMOH.

ASANGH VISAVV TE TAVOH ARRANN BAAS LEEJEAY.

ASANG PRAGYAT MAEH MANNA PRAVESH SHEEGHAR KEEJEAY”.

{44}.

Parpanch=worldly. Nisank=carefree. Ramoh=indulge in. Bhaveh tathaan=not in this way. Itt utteh=here and there. Asangh=desireless. Vishavv=world. Bhavoh=become like. Arann=jungle. Asamprgyaaht=desireless focus.

1. For the indulgence of physical pleasures the person attaches to these in a carefree manner.

2. If the afore mentioned scenario is not in ones possession then they run around here and there in order to obtain it.

3. One should become achah{desireless} and do the vaasa{residing} in the jungle.

4. Heh mann{oh mind}! Take nivaas{residence} of nirvakalp smadhi{desireless focus} instantly.

{44}.

Prashan{question}-If one goes to the jungle then what will be there to eat and wear?

“KABITT”

“BHOOM SAEJ MOOL PHALL MEDH NAVV VALLKALL KARNEH ,

N PAREH DEV AAGHEH RACHH DAREH HAIH.

KAROH INNEH SAATH RATT PYARI PREM VAARI,

MATT UTTOH UTTOH TAAMEH ABB JAAMEH BIBB TAREH HAIH.

TUSH AVIVEKI SATT MOODH MANN BOLKATT,

JAH KE CHITT CHINT AAGH KARR SADHA JAREH HAIH.

AISOH DHANN VANNAN KE NAAM MATR KANNAN MEH,

JAIHEH MAHAH KANNAN MAEH KABHOO NAHIH PAREH HAIH”.

{45}.

Mool=roots. Medh=pure. Vallkall=bhojpattar=dried leaf used as a plate. Karneh n pareh=does not have to be made. Dev=Pramatma=creator. Aggeh=beforehand. Rachh dareh=has made already. Ratt=preeti=love/devotion. Matt=intellect. Taameh=in that. Jaameh=in which. Bibb=both goods. Tukk=neech=lowly. Aviveki=people who lack logic/rationality. Satt=moorakh=fool. Katt=bitter. Karr=with. Jareh=burns. Kannan meh=in the ears. Mahan kannan maeh=in the terrifying jungle.

1. Where the dharti{land} is the sejah{bed} , where roots , fruits , and vegetables etc. Are the pavittar bhojan{pure food}. Bhojpattar{leaves etc.}.are the new kapdeh{clothes} , these goods do not have to be made Pramatma{creator} has already made them.

2. Heh prem budhi{oh beloved intellect!} do the prem{love} of these two padarath{goods} , uttoh ottoh {get up} and go to that bann{jungle} where there is an abundance of these two padarath{goods}.

3. Those moorakh{fools} who are void of veechar{logical/rational thinking} are the moorakhs{fools} of the mann{mind} , whose chitt{mind} burns fiercely in the fire of chintah{worries} constantly.

4. The name of wealthy people will never be heard in this dense jungle, i.e. the names of those engrossed in maya.

{45}.

DOHRA

“SHABDH KALOH KE NAAM KE PAREH N KARAN MAJAAR.

AISEH NIRJANN BINN BIKKEH BASEH BUDH BARR BAAR.

{46}.

Kaloh=moorakhs{fools}. Karan majaar=in the ear. Nirjann=empty. Barr=superior. Baar=time.

1. A place where an iota of the names of moorakhs{fools} are not heard in the ear.

2. In this empty jungle go and reside heh budhi{oh intellect}! It is only in the manukha janam{human life} that the time is sharesht{superior} , i.e. only humans can do mediation.

{46}.