Vaats Your Pabrit Saabji?

Khalasthan86

I hated Aloo Buthaou throughout childhood too (it reminded me of snakes and I'm hopelessly terrified of snakes).

What the?

Snakes?

How?

I love anything with loads of palak in it by the way.

Also, I used to detest karelay, but I just love them now.....

@ dalsingh - I know, its madness. :lol: For some reason my young mind equated the shiny, purple skin of the buthaou with snakes. I would retch as a child when my mum put buthaou in-front of me. I wasn't a fussy eater like most kids these days by any means, but I detested buthaou. However in my late teens I eventually began to like the taste and I love them now!

In an ideal world, I would have saag and mukhi (jwar?) di roti, and aloo parathe on alternate days for the rest of my life. But I guess I wouldn't live to see my 40th birthday if I did that...:lol:

Okay confession time. I used to think karelay looked like baby crocodiles as a kid.......

Actually they DO look reptilian.

NO WAY! I still think they look reptilian! I don't touch them. They ARE little crocodiles. End of.

Dude, you don't know how good and healthy they are for apnay. They help keep diabetes away!