Hair Cutting

geo

ive noticed something over the years which has changed since i was young and i wondered if anyone else feels the same:

when i was younger most boys got their hair cut but girls very rarely at least until much older.

now it seems to be nearly all girls get their hair cut from a young age even when their brothers keep their hair uncut.

i believe it is each individuals choice tocut or nto cut their hair but i find it very very strange that parents take their girls to get hair cuts but force boys to keep their hair, i am talking from what i see in my friends and family.

what do you all think?

anyone have any facts or figures on how many sikhs keep the hair uncut?

i think the numbers are probably declining but it would be good to hear the exact numbers or statistics

thanks

ive noticed something over the years which has changed since i was young and i wondered if anyone else feels the same:

when i was younger most boys got their hair cut but girls very rarely at least until much older.

now it seems to be nearly all girls get their hair cut from a young age even when their brothers keep their hair uncut.

i believe it is each individuals choice tocut or nto cut their hair but i find it very very strange that parents take their girls to get hair cuts but force boys to keep their hair, i am talking from what i see in my friends and family.

what do you all think?

anyone have any facts or figures on how many sikhs keep the hair uncut?

i think the numbers are probably declining but it would be good to hear the exact numbers or statistics

thanks

What I have noticed that in the west there is a determined minority that are keeping their identity. In India I have noticed parents (even ones who claim to be religious) are not bothered if their kids keep Kesh or not. Terms such as 'chandigarh boy' or you look like an actress are used for kids with hair cuts. People that keep their religion are made to feel backward by many of these Punjabis. We need to change the attitude of parents, one person who claimed to be highly educated said she had no time to comb Kesh even though she spent all day at home. We need to change the attitude of parents by spreading knowledge, the Sikh channels are doing a good job, in Punjab despite it being on the agenda for years no channel has been launched