Sikh Federation (Uk) Consultation

There are plenty of members in local branches.

Read the first line of the first posting 'the Sikh Federation (UK), a non-governmental organisation that acts as a pressure group, but is often referred to as the first and only Sikh political party in the UK,'

The website is currently down and will need to be completely revamped in the next few weeks. Strange you seem to be interested in the Chiefs rather than the Indians - the web site has never publicised the leadership. But just turn up to the Annual Convention on Sunday 18 September at Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara, Sedgely Street, Wolverhampton and all will be revealed. It may also be live on the Sikh Channel - Sky 840. Become a member and then you will have access to details of funding via local branch chairs. Annual highlights booklet lets you know about the activities.

I will try and attend the convention.

My fear is that the Sikh Federation is trying to build a veneer of respectability and community leadership among politicians and other "influencers" in the UK - when in fact, it does not represent the views of most Sikhs in the UK - most Sikhs in the UK do not support the concept of Khalistan.

There is no place in a civilised society (which I think the UK is) for organisations that talk about dialogue and negotiation whilst promoting and funding violence - so I hope that the Sikh Federation doesn't fall into this trap.