hundreds killed in Najaf fighting

kulj

Can we compare this to Bluestar??

Based on the fact that Mehdi army and there leader are barricaded in a shrine, which stops the army and police from storming it as it would cause outcry in the Arab world.

This makes me think that ok the Arabs are powerful and holds the cards against the western world (the oil fields)

I suppose yes this is 2 totally different situations but its intresting to see that the USA (or New iraqi government as they call themselves) is not as aggresive as the Indian Government ie they cleared all innocents out of the way first and they plan to starve them out, why could this methos not have been used in Amritsar?

Can we compare this to Bluestar??

Based on the fact that Mehdi army and there leader  are barricaded in a shrine, which stops the army and police from storming it as it would cause outcry in the Arab world.

This makes me think that ok the Arabs are  powerful and holds the cards against the western world (the oil fields) 

I suppose yes this is 2 totally different situations but its intresting to see that the USA (or New iraqi government as they call themselves) is not as aggresive as the Indian Government ie they cleared all innocents out of the way first and they plan to  starve them out, why could this methos not have been used in Amritsar?

Shame the Americans could not have been so considerate earlier. This is all a political game. The US are scared of entering the shrine as the Shias across Iran could also unite with their Iraqi brothers.

Also ask the 10,000+ innocent Iraqis who were killed through the indiscriminate air bombing campaign whether the Americans are aggressive.

Also ask the families of the thousands of fleeing Iraqi conscripts who were killed by the Americans when they were trying to flee Kuwait.

Ask the millions of people who are still suffering as a result of the use of agent orange in Vietnam, Laos etc.