Sikh differences and Agenda

Mann-Sahib

Hello

My apologies in advance if this post offends anyone. I have been quite interested in Sikh politics and affairs for a while now and have come here with a few observations.

In our panth we have Sikhs that either believe in Bhindrawale or not - both camps ridicule each other. Why is it that we as Sikhs cannot agree to disagree on Bhindrawale. Is agreement on Bhindrawale's actions a pre-requisite for a united Sikh panth? Why is it that we cant just allow each other to have their opinions on the matter but also stick to a united agenda?

Similarly our Panth is also split in camps of those in favour of Khalistan and those that are not - why can we not just agree and disagree on this also.

I personally think that we must have a united agenda that all Sikhs support - an agenda that may not include Khalistan as its priority right now. The Agenda may look anything like the following:

- justice for the victims of the 1984 anti Sikh genocide

- Sikh Agenda aligned Lobby groups in various Western countries

- the list can go on

the point of the above would be to help us unite and agree that there are differences of opinion about major things in Sikh affiars but not to let those factors distract us anymore. Over 28 years has passed since Operation Bluestar and quite frankly we have'nt achieved much since. We have been conned by the Indian government from day one and continue to infight amongst ourselves causing all sorts of divisions. We need an Agenda that the whole Sikh Panth strives towards on a global scale.

Another thought I have is that the Gurus gave us the Akal Thakt - the supreme seat of Sikhism. We are all aware that our ranks have been infiltrated and that the SGPC is corrupt and devoid of leading Sikh affairs effectively. Why can we not declare a virtual Akal Thakt where we have profiled sevadars, scholars that have had their backgrounds scanned to ensure we only have the best people at the helm of Sikh political affairs and those that would do it justice accordingly?

Please let me know your thoughts on the above.

Manny