ways forward?

10th regiment

it is now widely circulated that democracy is the way forward to obtain khalistan and that we need to educate the youth in sikhi to become khalsa in order for khalistan to become a reality

i have some problems with this school of thought

1. i dont think in this climate, sikh youth in punjab will become khalsa in the numbers required, what is required i think, is an event which will rouse the feelings of sikh youth but not an event of the proportions of bluestar obviously

2. some say a leader is required to rouse the feelings of sikh youth, but any leader will forever live in the shadow of sant ji and be opposed by certain members of the taksal, so no new leadership can ever come to the forefront

the democracy theory also i think will fail because it wont harness the underlying feelings of sikhs, even today most rural sikhs want khalistan but are just afraid or tired to speak out

the goverment wont listen to democracy and the international community really dismisses sikh human rights claims because of the trading power of india

therefore if khalistan is to be achieved there must be an armed struggle again along with a political movement much like the tamil tigers, ira etc

i know that many people will not agree with an armed struggle again because of the pitfalls of the previous khalistani armed struggle but i firmly belive its what is required

obviously the armed struggle has to be more controlled and organised, targetting legitimate targets, and have a political strategy, otherwise we run the risk of being labelled 'terrorists' by the international community

in this current time, an armed struggle is not quite accep

table due to 9/11, but ultimately i think it will have to resurface in order to achieve our aim

im sorry if what i wrote is confusing or offensive, i cant express myself very well

any thoughts?