Are Our Gurdwaras Dysfunctional ? The Assessment.

singhbj singh

Glad to hear that, Singh Ji.

One gets the impression those who strongly assert there is no salvation for a Sikh unless he or she spends the bulk of their spiritual efforts in a group scenario, are usually the types of opinion espoused by those ensconced in the daily social hullabaloo of a jatha.

For such people going it alone is either a terrifying thought that doesn't bear considering, OR they simply are unable to cultivate a direct, one-to-one relationship with God, instead choosing to delude themselves into thinking that others can do the spiritual heavy lifting that is required of the individual.

The importance of good Sadh Sangat should not be downplayed as per Sukhmani Sahib and
ਬਿਨੁ ਭਾਗਾ ਸਤਸੰਗੁ ਨ ਲਭੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਮੈਲੁ ਭਰੀਜੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
Without good fortune, the Sat Sangat is not found; without this Sangat, people are stained with filth and pollution. ||3||
But there is no doubt we are judged on our own actions and many Mahapurash have reached great heights doing bhagti on their own.
ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ ॥
Do not blame anyone else; blame instead your own actions.
ਜੋ ਮੈ ਕੀਆ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਜਨਾ ॥੨੧॥
Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else. ||21||