Naam Simran and Gurbani sounds feel like torture

Guest Singh

Guest Singh

Sat sri akaal ji

i don’t know why but for a long time I have been finding g it very hard to do naam simran 

and read gurbani ‘. Like s something . Inside me   Resisting to. Read and sit down and listen ..... why  ..... like torture .... never was like this before 

Guest Guest Singh

Waheguru ji ka khalasa waheguru ji ke Fateh.  I’m not the most qualified person to be answering and I’m sure a brother or sister will soon come and answer your question better. For now though what the guru has blessed me to see is that what you feel is nothing but maya. Maya tries to lure and argue you into bad things like leaving the path of sikhi. We do live in kalyug today and it’s one of the hardest times to push all urges away and focus on our prayers. Sometimes we might not feel the connection but we just have to continue. try to spark that curiosity that got you into sikhi the first place. That love that passion for your guru don’t forget our father gave up everything just for us today to be able to call ourselves Sikhs so fight on keep reading Gurbani. Fight with your mind don’t let it win. Let the gurus teachings flow into your mind and keep the bad thoughts away. Try to join a sangat it is a great away to battle this torture feeling because you can discuss this with your other brothers and sisters who are going through the same thing 

Waheguru ji ka khalasa waheguru ji ke Fateh

On 3/26/2020 at 8:50 PM, Guest Singh said:

Sat sri akaal ji

i don’t know why but for a long time I have been finding g it very hard to do naam simran 

and read gurbani ‘. Like s something . Inside me   Resisting to. Read and sit down and listen ..... why  ..... like torture .... never was like this before 

Maybe you're just deeply ingrained in maya. 

Relax and let go and listen to the anhaad sound (the ringing sound you hear in meditation). And let the samadhi(deep meditation) take you. 

Make sure u exercise regularly also, preferably from 6-7pm.