Akal Takhat versus Our Preachers

Sikhsewa

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Khalsa Ji

Das is writing to you as a benati, so firstly accept my apologies for anything if it is written wrong or any mistakes being done.

I have the file that contains the Hukamnama issued by Akal Takhat Sahib, which clearly states that any gursikh should not visit any Dera’s or any other manmat places. Especially highlighted is that the person should not recite any Gurbani kirtan or anything associated with the Guru Granth Sahib. For some reasons I can not upload it to this web site. Pls mail me if you want to see the hukamnama.

This was issued on 12th October 2001. And also states that the Gurudwara’s should be aware of this and should prevent from anything like this to happen.

Now the main part: The cult Pothimala that according to the Sikhism is clearly a manmat cult. The details of this cult can be found at: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/pothimala/

Bhai Davinder Singh Sodhi – a famous Ragi of Sikhism is currently visiting the UK and is preaching Sikhism in many religious places and gurudwara. The details of this programme can be found at Sikhnet's calendar. The web site is:

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/events.nsf/...Date=2004-12-31

Bhai Davinder Singh Sodhi has been attending the programmes and have performed at the Pothimals’s Cult places. The pictures of this can be found at http://www.angelfire.com

/folk/pothimala/' target='_blank'>http://www.angelfire.com/folk/pothimala/ under the Mela Section.

Is this right for a Gursikh to do this? Just for whatever reason why should a prominent gursikh go and visit the manmat dera's and recite Guru's Bani there.

And if the Gurudwara’s are saying that we are in accordance with the Akal Takhat sahib then why are they going against the Hukamnama’s from the Akal Takhat by letting such people perform there. These are the preachers that we should be looking up to.

I request you as you have the voice to the public that :

As a Gursikh what is your duty towards this

Should such people not be confronted or just ignored and let them carry on what they want to do.

I will leave this to you to decide. I am fulfilling my duty to inform you of this and requesting you to get this to the general public so that everyone is aware of this. At least get this message through.

Have a open discussion see what the public response is.

Lastly I don’t have anything against anyone including Pothimala’s Cult or Davinder Singh Sodhi or anyone. I am just confused to understand that why a Gursikh preaching sikhi will do such a thing.

Once again bhul chuk maff karni ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru Ji

I asked Bhai Sahib about this, his response was the following

He went to the programme once a long time ago, this is when he was starting out and didnt know much and was still learning

as he was invited to the kirtan and thought of it as a normal programme as they would do kirtan wherever Guru Granth Sahib Jis prakash was. it was only after the kirtan that they realised what type of place this was. Bhai sahib said that his jatha did ardass infront of Guruji and asked for forgiveness

Bhai sahib only has been there once and went there unknowingly

Bhai sahib has asked me to ask for forgiveness from the sangat and has been more careful in the future