cost of chola ?

sevak

Guest noonespecial

I just came from India and had some cholay made. My suggestion to you is to buy material from Canada or US. When I went to India the tailors were AMAZED at the quality of the cotton we have here. The cotton in India, for lack of a better word, SUCKS. Buy about 5-6 Meters HERE and then send it with someone to India.

I had my cholay made by some so called "Master Tailor", although I was skeptical in the beginning, he did a WICKED JOB. He charged me like 70 rupees per chola. That might be a little high for some people's standards, but I was pretty picky on how my cholay had to look so that's why he charged me a little extra.

Also, 70 rupees is roughly $2 Canadian, so I think I got a pretty good deal anyways. :T:

Also, 70 rupees is roughly $2 Canadian, so I think I got a pretty good deal anyways. :T:

2 dollars?! the last person i got mine made from charged like 40!

ya that's what i was wondering.. we don't have any sites which is dedicated to cholas, khanda [ which we put on dustars/dumalla].. so that we can get the idea or choose.

hmm something to think about 

hmm... bana.waheguroo.com... :e:

yea chole are best made in amritsar

new gulati tailors.. behind the "sarhan" in amritsar has them for 50 rupees(taksali chole) and nihang ones for (65) i got two of each and their awsome. the best thing that ucan do is that u buy one and made with the same style of the one u buy readymade from ure own tailor. they only have like small medium large xlarge.. its opposite the taksali shop behind the sarhan. across from the scooter and bike stand. awosome store. the managers is this old uncle and his son. both tie their dhari. and have wierd lookin pughs. mad nice people tho. NEW GULATI TAILORS. :wub: