Another GurSikh passes away...

Nama Singh

Yep, that's tabla master Ji, "Virdee Uncle".

I have had the great fortune of being in the presance of this humble Gursikh.

Uncle Ji thrived on seva, his whole life's mission was to spread Guru Ji's teachings.

As Nama Singh said, it's quite a shock... but it's all in Vaheguroo's hukam.

Bhai Sahib Gurmeet Singh Virdee will be missed, and the void left by his passing will be a difficult one to be filled.

Vaheguroo.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pray.gif

wjkk wjkf

Bhai sahib were beautiful. For the last 5 years, Virdee uncle ji have been doing Sukhmani sahib ji dhe paat for Kar sewa in India. Every Saturday the jatha of about 40 to 50 gursikhs (part of the GNSJJ aswell), led by Uncle ji, will go to homes of gursikhs, to do sukhmani sahib je dhe paat and do kirtan afterwards.

Then the following morning, all the sewa gathered, they will take to Soho road gurdwara, where it will be given to the on going kar sewa in India.

When i was telling my mum about them passin away, mum told me about they met virdee uncle at the airport lat year in panjab on the way back to UK.

And at this time the kar sewa for harimander darbar sahib was going on, when the sarovar was gettin cleaned.

Mum was saying that bhai saab were sooooooo excited about it, they were showing fotos to me mum of the kar sewa, and like how it is one thing you hav to do, and like how much pyaar there is between sangat.

They were so happy, that at the aiport, there was a bunch of young sikh girls, and he got them together and showed them the fotos aswell that he took during the kar sewa.. he was like, "u lot r ma daughters, this is our darbar sahib, and we clean out the sarovar, and its once in a life time feelin "etc...

awww bless..

Oh and they used to do the most beautiful ardas, proper slow, and quiet, like as if they was havin one to one chat with guru.

And also, most of all, they taught stars how to play tabla.. and they also played tabla with famous kirtanis aswell as u all no anyway..

Waheguru

Just makes u think how much naam jaap we should no init,

waheguru can jst pick u out whenever.

Nice poster Nama Singh ji.

PUL CHUK MAaf

Wjkk wjkf

I don't know about the funeral... but the kirpa...

Just thought I would let you know, that since uncle ji passed away, their family have had continous Sukhmani Sahib paath going on.

Uncle Ji was a strong, STRONG believer in the power of Sukhmani Sahib, and Ranz paaj has mentioned previously, they would do the seva of paaths every week.

There is no room for sadness at a time when some are feeling loss.

This amazing Gursikh parvaar have take this all as His Hukam.

Ranz, me going to go to pay my respects this week, so if I have any info shall let you know.

A Truely blessed soul.

i was personally shocked when i heard the news, he looked healthy. i don't think anybody was expecting it.

i thought i would let you all know that the funeral is on Saturday 9th April at Soho Road Gurudwara, birmingham. i think the body is arriving at 9.30 at the gurudwara. i expect many people will turn up, from all over the country owing to the fact he was an inspiration to us all.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

His presence will be missed. I have been playing Tabla for some time, and had the honour of having a lesson by him. He was a true saint.

However let us not grieve too much, as Gurmit Singh Ji is on the path of Judgment to gain his place into heaven.

Let us instead do Paath for him, which will help them cross the bridge with ease.

To my teacher, I will personally miss you, God bless you and may you forever be happy at your real home.

pray.gif Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru pray.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh