Panasonic camcorder

I have panasonic camcorder (PV GS 15). Its a nice camcorder with nice features. After recording when i play mini dv on TV, it gives me excellent quality but when I download it on computer (through firewire) using windows movie maker, the quality I get is very poor. I dont know where I am wrong. Can anybdy suggest me any other movie recorder except windows movie maker, which is capable of giving high resolution recorded movie?

Thanks.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh.

I have panasonic camcorder (PV GS 15). Its a nice camcorder with nice features. After recording when i play  mini dv on TV, it gives me excellent quality but when I download it on computer (through firewire) using windows movie maker, the quality I get is very poor. I dont know where I am wrong. Can anybdy suggest me any other movie recorder except windows movie maker, which is capable of giving high resolution recorded movie?

Thanks.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh.

97185[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veer Jee, I recommend you using Sonic MyDVD 6 as it gives the best quality. Trust me..i must have gone through like 5 'brand' software and found that this software gives you the best quality and gives you flexibility on what quality you want to burn it as. The software burns your dvd to the edge which mean you get the best quality for the amount of footage you want to burn by using an innovative "fit to disc" feature. I also have a DV camcorder and as long as it looks clear in your lcd display, the quality on dvd will be just as good.

Hope this has helped

PS Pinnacle Studio 9 is good enough for VCDs but NOT DVDs :)

I personally use Movie Maker and it works perfectly fine, until recently.  However the quality is always excellent, the transfer rate I use is  2.1 pixels.

Is your movie maker, movie maker 2?

97269[/snapback]

I am using movie maker 2, however I am not sure abt my transfer rate. Can you suggest me the settings you use (except the defaults)?

Veer Jee, I recommend you using Sonic MyDVD 6 as it gives the best quality.  Trust me..i must have gone through like 5 'brand' software and found that this software gives you the best quality and gives you flexibility on what quality you want to burn it as.  The software burns your dvd to the edge which mean you get the best quality for the amount of footage you want to burn by using an innovative "fit to disc" feature.  I also have a DV camcorder and as long as it looks clear in your lcd display, the quality on dvd will be just as good.

Hope this has helped

PS Pinnacle Studio 9 is good enough for VCDs but NOT DVDs  :)

97274[/snapback]

Veer jee, do I need to purchase one of them or they are available free somewhere online?