Prof Darshan Singh Ji

Fateh,

Just wanted to quickly let everyone know that Prof Darshan Singh Ji,

one of the most knowledgable and inspiring kathavachaks on Sikhi today, will be arriving in Vancouver, BC on May,23. He will be doing regular katha at 10am and 7pm every day until May 26 at Singh Sabha Gurudawara. I encourage everyone to attend, particularly the younger youth, as his talks are truly captivating. He has the knack to beautifuly employ everyday examples from life and relate them to Gurbani. Hope everyone enjoys.

WJKK WJKF

He really does do thought-provokinh katha on Gurmat.

Does anyone have any info on him. Like background, where he is from, who he studied with etc.

I heard his dad did Keertan at Nanaksar, when Baba Nand Singh was alive. His dad had like 3 or 4 kids who all died at birth, then Baba Nand Singh said that This one will stay alive and do the seva of the Panth. His dad by the way used to do keertan of Kavitaas, not banee. Baba Nand Singh did not like Kavitaas, but his dad did not have banee memorised and Baba jee said that The child will only do keertan of banee.

Can somebody put up that 1984 katha online? I can put it up on Sikhbytes.co.nr

99765[/snapback]

Fateh,

I have approximately 80 shabads, kathas, etc of Singh Sahib ji. If anyone wishes to listen to them id be more than happy to share them via email or msn. I also encourage anyone who has some interest, and thought about adopting the Sikhi jeevan but lacks proper knowledge and understanding or even someone who has already committed themselves to the Sikhi jeevan to listen to his CD, "Sikh Dhi Paichaan". It is a truly amazing collections of shabads and katha covering a wide range of topics society, with the youth in particular deal with in todays world. Id be happy to share that CD with anyone interested, or you can order it online for FREE from the following website:

http://www.interfaithcharities.org/Sikhism/

Singh Sahib Ji held 9 diwans in only 4 days while in Vancouver, and i was fortunate to be able to attend them all and record them. They were truly captivating and inspiring and left one wiht a stronger thirst and passion towards Sikhi. I will try and get them uploaded to the Gurbani/kirtan hub as soon as possible. Or if anyone has a quicker/better way to share the videos, and mp3s please let me know. Thanks

Rab Rakha

Kharkoo4life