Miri Piri Academy Amritsar

WJKKWJKP!

During my stay in Amritsar last year, I visited the MIRI PIRI Academy and found it to be a nice place. It's a school which educates Sikh converts from the west. Their parents send them to Panjab so that they can learn Sikhi where Guroo Sahib first taught Sikhi. It shouldnt be knocked... :TH:

I think i've got some pics somewhere, I'll try and post them...

WJKKWJKP!

Thank you. I look forward to seeing the photos.

What I have read is excellent and merely wanted to know of any personal experiences. Forgive me if you thought I was knocking the school , I was merely being inquisitive.

I wish to know the experiences of students and if positive I believe a similar set up can be organised by the Gurdwaras in the UK and abroad say during the weekends. I suppose an extension of sikhi camps but on a regular basis and in time there could be an exchange programmes between Gurdwaras. Imagine all the sewa the students could incorporate during the weekends and it would keep the existing committees ( interested in chairs!) on their toes as the youth would progress towards contributing to admin. of Gurdwaras.

Such weekend programmes would not cost anything to the Gurdwaras and would be run by sewadar students for themselves.