Rehansbhai's and dosserz

Golee Maro

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh.

Before i begin this post, please be assured this e-mail is not out to attack neone or any jathas in particular. Its to highlight a certain problem which is common nowdays at programmes and a request to those who fall into the trap, to try their best not to.

It was at a recent Rehansbhai keertan darbaar which happened in the UK that really annoyed me. Upstairs was one of the most amazing keertan darbaars ive been to in a while... and downstairs was a doss session. A doss session of MAINLY Singhs who are in the same kind of... organisation or jatha. Theekaa, there was sewa going on downstairs of signing letters to Shaheeds and petitions and selling T-shirts and hoodies and what not... which was all brilliant. But it saddened me to know that 20-30 of these guys were just downstairs... dossing whilst the keertan was going on. I mean the sewa that was being done could have been done by about 5-6 of them. The rest were standing there.. dossing.. inside AND outside the Gurdwara. ON their fones. There was barely room to walk around!

It gives a bad impression. Ive heard people talk about guys who doss around downstairs that they are their to "flirt and look at the girls". Its sometimes an untrue and unfair justification but you can see where those kind of rumours spark off from.

I did walk up to a couple of Singhs who i have met before and did ask them to come upstairs but they were reluctant. "nah singh, we going in five mins"... - a few hours later, they were still there! I think the organisers tried as well to get some of them upstairs but didnt work.

So the point of this forum is to ask everyone to try and remain upstairs during smagams and not to "chillout" downstairs for no reason other than to stretch ure legs or eat langar or do some other form of sewa. I mean, im no saint - i say that with my hands up. I used to chillout sometimes myself downstairs a lot. But ive learnt that this leads to so many problems and also u end up missing some MIND BLOWING keertan.

Apologies in advance for anything wrong ive sent or if i have offended neone. Admin, please feel free to delete the topic or lock it if it does.

well at times someone may really enjoy kirtan like you did however others within the same kirtan may not be getting much out of it and therefore do toehr things. Its not fair for you to say that becasue i was enjoying kirtan everyone shopuld aswell, kirpa can happen to someone or everyone a.t different times.

And yeah people may have been hanging around but thats up to them is it not?

well at times someone may really enjoy kirtan like you did however others within the same kirtan may not be getting much out of it and therefore do toehr things. Its not fair for you to say that becasue i was enjoying kirtan everyone shopuld aswell, kirpa can happen to someone or everyone a.t different times.

And yeah people may have been hanging around but thats up to them is it not?

103714[/snapback]

You should generally sit up stairs when kirtan is on as it was mind blowing!! really good!! But at the same time, people are people. you cant change them. Programs like these people come from across the country to, to meet in sangat and gives them the to meet friends and family.. It would be nice if they could move outa the way of the stalls etc as it was VERY crowded!! but you cant stop this occurance. Same can be said for upstairs tho, there was more panga going on in the top floor hall then anywhere else, kids running around going crazy? When others were trying to sleep prehaps?

Anyway again thats not a knock at anyone, people choice of how they wona enjoy kirtan...

PS, there was a meeting that day hence another reason there was alot of people downstairs which appeared to be "chilling"...

WJKK WJKF