How to address Guru Jee?

Summeet Kaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This may seem like a silly question..but I think it's needed..

I see many people who address Guru Jee as 'Sri Guru' or 'Guru' or 'Guru Granth' 'Granth' 'Adi Granth'

I wonder which one is correct..which one is respectable? As Guru Jee taught us we should always speak with sweet speech, compassion, and Guru Jee is the highest of high..the one who leads us to the divine Waheguroo Jee.

So is addressing Guru Jee as 'Guru Jee' OKAY? Is 'Sri Guru' acceptable??

Would love the Sangat's feedback... :umm: I've always said 'Guru Jee' and I don't wish to keep addressing in a disrespectful way... :T:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!Adi granth was sri guru granth sahib je's name before guru je was given the gurgaddi. You can say guru je, Sri guru granth sahib je maharaj, Guru granth sahib je, garma patshah. Pretty much, we would not call guru gobind singh je gobind singh, so we dont call guru granth sahib je granth. Whatever you would call our satgurus before guru granth sahib je, call guru granth sahib je that.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest balwinderkaur
also a great gursikh told me...when doing matha tekh to sri guru granth sahib ji you should say fateh to guru ji
yes thats cuz it is alive ....so juz liek u wld say fateh to a live human u also say fateh to guru maharaaj too . :umm:
when Adi Granth became the 11th guru of the sikhs it was changed to Siri Guru granth Sahib Jee...

adi granth....means first granth and that's the granth compiled by pancham paatshaah sri guru arjan dev jee.. sri guru granth sahib jee is the granth compiled by guru gobind singh jee at damdama sahib which includes hymns and compositions of guru tegh bahadur jee.