Flu Jab Conatins Hens Eggs

DhadiMania

lol, let me tell you what an interesting day i had at the doctors.

basically, the boffins at the weather station somewhere in the UK predict this year will be on of the coldest, and of course because its set to be so cold, the chances one gets a flu will be very high. the vaccine is new, and you have to rest for like 10 mins or so before the doc lets you go.

anyhow, i came across a brochure about the flu jab. there was a subheading sayin "who should not take the flu jab", i read it but what caught my eye was when it said "those that are allergic to hens eggs", even the nurse asked me that.

to my little knowledge of medicine and science, it must mean the flu jab contains hens eggs.

i came out thinking to myself, geez, i wander what an amritdhari gursikh would do if placed in this situation?

my question is, if a medicine contains "hens eggs" would one take it?

gustaphi maaf

ps the highlight was seeing a singh there at the doctors also!

Maybe the egg content is from unfertilised eggs. In which case it should be ok. If you are vaccinated it is general practice to tell you to wait 10 odd minutes. This is incase you get a reaction.

Many medicines contain alcohol etc. It does not stop many peopel from taking them. In Punjab many of the youngsters find it cheaper to buy cough medicine and drink bottles of the stuff to get drunk (high) than buying more expensive alcohol.