Windows Vs Mac

SATORi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I was wondering if anyone knew much about Linux OS as i have heard from many sources that it is probably the best OS out there at the moment.

Why? From what i know its because:

>Its open source (i.e. its free)

>It is compatible with windows software and probably mac

>It looks a lot better - customised display settings by Linux programmers (again all open source so its free)

>It is the most secure OS available (i.e. against external threats - viruses, trojans..etc)

Thats what i know about Linux and i just wanted to know if anyone actually is using this operating system, as it is something i consider to upgrade to in the near future.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh jio,

i use novell linux suse version 9,

it is secure and safe, as well as mac os x, its safe, secure from all trojans and viruses etc...and well you can even dual boot, have linux as well as mac os x,

some hackers have hacked the mac os x which can run on pc's so you can hav windowz and mac togehter with a linux OS, you do need to have your CPU to support certain instruction, the ones that are supportded are SSE 2 and 3, it will run better on 3(mac os x) because more applications will run and better!

Mac OS X is also open source, you get the source code, i hear you can download it from some website and something called bittorrent, not sure, have to search and well i say stay with mac os x, you can also put linux on it if you want,

note - i am not a real pro at linux, still learning.

:TH:

take care jio

stay in chardi kala, all of you!

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh!