Why Is Sikhi So Hard

i dunno

vwt hmwrI KrI aufIxI ]

vaatt humaaree khuree ouddeenee

The path upon which I must walk is very depressing.

KMinAhu iqKI bhuqu ipeIxI ]

khunniahu thikhee buhuth pieenee

It is sharper than a two-edged sword, and very narrow.

ausu aUpir hY mwrgu myrw ]

ous oopar hai maarug maeraa

That is where my path lies.

syK PrIdw pMQu sm@wir svyrw ]4]1]

saekh fureedhaa punth sumuaar suvaeraa

O Shaykh Fareed, think of that path early on. ||4||1||

Thisis hwat i feel rite now.. wiht Sikhi in the sense like at my school i really wanna bring sikhi back to my school liek shar with the other sikh students the coolenss of doin' paath and such and doing keertan experiencin' Raas. but they dont care... its like i look at the sikhs around me, and they dont care.... and they have wrong info abou t sikhi and they dont' care that they have the wrong information..

they still wanna live in ignorance.. thats the sadest part.. they say oh they are too busy, but they have time for bhangra club/ Indian clubs but nonfor sikhi...

i guess this would be my "rant"..... post

I really i wish i was in a samagam sangaat.... thats antoher thing i'm having such a hard tiem wakin up at amrit vela and id otn know what to do.. i set my alarm and yet i still wkae up 3 hours later... its soo frustrating i don tknwo what to doo ahh

ahhhh

sorry guys and gals

I second that Khalsa ji.

All these "Sikhs" treat us like an outcaste because we stand out.. like I;m the only Singh who hasn't shaved yet.. hmm :)

So instead I started to hang around with the mates who actually respected me. I noticed, Funnily enough, that people from different races respect me than our own!

Like some aunties just STARE at you.. not with awe.. but with DISGUST.. when they see your sikhi saroop, while they themselves wear enough makeup to make sure even that 1 INCH of face is not touching air.

Its quite sad really.. no.gif

but on the other hand, white people and muslims in my college seem to respect me because of my Sikhi. (wel.. they seem interested in my kirpan blush.gif lol)

My advice to you Khalsa ji, is that if you cant get the ideal sangat (ie: chardi kala gursikhs) then at least, stop hanging around with those wannabes and your better off hanging around with people who actually RESPECT u :lol: Trust me u'll feel good inside (not hankaar... hopefully!) when they ask you questions about sikhi and you answer them.

Hope i helped :TH:

Veer Ji

WJKK, WJKF

Reading your post reminds me exactly of the time when I first really starting loving Sikhi. At the time I was beginning a new job and i remember going around trying to tell everyone about it when they weren't even interested. They didn't lose anything but I sure did.

I forgot my Guru and sangat and got engrossed with those people. I didn't understand that for those people who do not share the same vichaars there's no point.

After taking Amrit I understood not to babble on about it becuase its priceless. So veer ji if these people don't care let it be - hopefully in their lifetime at some poiny they may discover Sikhi if God so wishes. Rather do ardaas for them "nanak naam chardi kala, tere bhane sarbat da bhalla."

I hope these lines from Gurbani help also:

kih kbIr Ab jwinAw ]

kehi kubeer ab jaaniaa

Says Kabeer, now I know Him;

jb jwinAw qau mnu mwinAw ]

jub jaaniaa tho mun maaniaa

since I know Him, my mind is pleased and appeased.

mn mwny logu n pqIjY ]

mun maanae log n putheejai

My mind is pleased and appeased, and yet, people do not believe it.

n pqIjY qau ikAw kIjY ]3]7]

n putheejai tho kiaa keejai

They do not believe it, so what can I do? ||3||7||

Try to keep around the right sangat. Even if there is not a single gursikh at your school then try and make a regular routine of joining the sangat at the gurdwara that way you won't miss out. About your amirt vela - again doing ardaas before Guru ji and waheguru's kirpa you'll be fine.:TH:

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest [TheSim]

i needed this topic... this is the same situation as me, i tell ltos of ppl but no one gives a <admin-profanity filter activated> and ppl just go on their own business...religion isnt something big to anyone anymore.. itsj uts something thats there and ooesnt matter.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Dont feel bad about it- u doing ur best arnt u? So why should u feel down?

I cut my hair n i was igronant about Sikhi aswell wen i was young dat was because i took it for granted (coz i was born into sikhi) n which is the reason why i got seperated from Sikhi coz i thought i knew everything (which i didnt realy know not one thing) n the further i got the more pain i got. N maybe coz of that experience im 100 times more closer to Sikhi n i really wish i was bought up as a strict Sikh as i would of had a turbin as thats the only identity i have is being a Sikh n nothing else of my identity matters to me.

N i hope God willing i will wear a turbin n grow my hair in the future.

N Gurbani says something like:

'Aap Vichoria, aap milia' which i think means God himself seperates us from him and then unites us with himself.

Which is what happened to me. N maybe if i werent sepearted from God then maybe i wouldnt of been so close to God today.

However you can Question the igronant Sikhs this:

Where did we come from? (meaning who created us)

Why are you here on earth?

Whats going to happen when you die?

These questions will make them question thier identity, as these questions made me question myn.

N ask them what have you gained in life?

N remind them life aint forever we can die any moment ran over a car tomorow or anything then what are we going to do?

Saying tomorrow i will concentrate on God what if tomorrow never comes?

If you done your bit in showing them the way, but if there igronance gets in the way of them what can you do? N if you keep on doing your bit in trying to show them the way, you can feel good about it, n if they dont take that advise on board u aint got nothing to feel down for.

I would advise you dont feel down, your a Sikh u got summet special, why spoil your happiness for who dont care about God?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

• 8 months later...

WJKK WJKF

I know what you mean. Most of the "sikhs" i know at my school shouldn't be given the name Sikh. All they think Sikhi means is: Khalistan, orange and blue and the Kandha. They don't the names of our Gurus, some don't even know the Mool Mantar and I know of only one Amritari. The ones who have kept their head hair think its a competition to have "the longest hair". (Please forgive me if i have offended you).

I know Sikhi is hard but why shouldn't it be. Reaching Waheguru is our ultimate goal, reaching any goal is hard. But I can tell you if we keep at it. We'll be there. If not in this life your next.

When I tell people about Sikhi, they never listen, especially when you hang around with people like above. I never had any proper guidance until nowish, when i go to a Sikh Youth Darbar I feel I am at home with my kind of people.

In one of the first lectures I had, I remember the one thing that inspired me and kept me going "You are not born as a Sikh on accident, you have travelled through millions and millions of lives and now finally you are born as a lucky human who has the Guru for a teacher. Don't waste it on countless sins."

And I am sure if you want to be Guruji's sikh with a true heart and mind you can do it. Never mind other people, they don't know what the are missing.

WJKK WJKF

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

omg....these posts are so interesting man awesome :TH: blush.gif ....but it's so true.....i tried alot before but no one ever listens...so truth is....we can only do so much....in the end it's always up to guru sahib on what will happen to each and every one of us :) ......don't feel upset....and yeah i agree wit that panji that every goal is difficult to acheive....but if we are fully dedicated to wha we're gonna do and we always tink of guru sahib then wha's so dificult? :e: blush.gif vaheguru....amrit-vela....i know it's hard..in fact i'm having a bit of a hard time with that too....but truth is wha brought me back was inspritation.....i started to think oh it's too early i dun feel like doin paath.....and so on....buh jus a few dayz back i went to a small keertan program and vaheguru.....when i heard my two panjian doin the shabd "Mohi Na Bisaro, Main Jan Tera".....vaheguru....i struggled to control my tears....and after that i thought so much....what was i thinking? i stopped doin rehras,amrit-vela,even kirtan sohila!! all i goh was pain...and now....rehras and kirtan sohila daily and amrit-vela still workin on it....buh i tink dat happens to a lot of people....set up ur alarm clock when it goes off in da mornin u shut it off and go back to sleep.... blush.gif i do that alot...buh like evryone said do ardas....before you go to sleep.....an ardas with pure love....guru sahib is always listening to ye....and if ye've tried your best to help them yet ur friends still aint listening....jus do an ardas....in the end....only guru sahib knows wha will happen d_oh.gif

Bhul Chuk Muaf Sangat Ji

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

its upto them....

i was listening to a katha by bhai harbhajan singh (yogi bhajan)... very simply he stated out:

EITHER U R WITH GURU..OR NOT!!

IF U R WITH GURMANT..U WILL C URE DESTINY

IF U R WITH MANMAT.. U WILL C URE FATE

THE PATH HAS BEEN LAID DOWN BY AKAAL PURAKH.. AND THE SIGNS R PUT ON THE PATH BY THE GURUS to reach the goal!!

vahegurooooooooooooooo

gurvinderpal, it is very good that u r encouraging others into sikhi. If u keep telling them to follow the true path but they ignore u, pray to god that someday they follow the right path and take sikhi into their hearts. And for all of those who posted in this topic including myself should realise that we are all learners. Every day we are learnin sumthin new. We make a lot of mistakes but our duty as sikhs or human beings is to learn from those mistakes and thinks of ways we can prevent them in the future. Sikhi is the most valuable gift. But u have to understand that u r gonna go through many, Many tests all life and there are gonna be times where u gonna feel like giving up, but Dont. Put the essence of Sikhi in your heart and do not forget the One Giver Who shows the True path.