abortion

Guest SikhForLife

Guest SikhForLife

well then according to u.. then no one should use their judgement .. and let things happen

that not what Guru ji says.. Guru ji has shown us the system .. the rest depends on US...

thats like saying..: when Guru ji wants me to take amrit i will.. gimme a break.. it depends on YOU what You want to do with your life.. Guru has given us a way to salvation

*(i didnt post that with any sort of rudeness/attitude) it may sound that way

Guest Guest

In the ultimate scheme of things everything is in Vahiguru's bhaanaa, In the question of taking amrit, it is up to you because the more paath and naam abhyaas you do, you change your karams. The fact that you even know about sikhi is in your good karams. IF the thought that you should take sikhi is in your head, then you should go for it, becuase it is becasue of your good karams that the thought has come into your head in the first place. Although our karams are predetermined, we do make them better or worse with the karams we do in our present life. This can be seen from the sakhof Guru Nanak Dev Ji's time. I am not sure if I have the facts totally right as almost every version I have heard has been different but the basic meaning is the same. There were two neighbours during guru ji's time and one used to do sangat of guru ji and his sikhs while the other did bad deeds all day. One day the one that did bad deeds all day challenged the other one and said that what do you get by wasting your time with guru ji all day while i keep getting rich by stealing and stuff. Then they decided to see who was better off. As the guy that listened to guru ji all day was walking, he stepped on a needle and started bleeding, but as the paapi was walking, he found a bag with five pieces of coal and two of gold. When they met, they told each other what had happened. Then they decided to go to Guru Nanak Dev ji to ask him why this had happened. Guru ji said that the Man that did sangat all day was supposed to get hanged, but because of his good karams, he jsut got a needle in his foot. THe paapi was supposed to get 7 pieces of gold, but because of his bad karams he did in this life, 5 of them turned to co

al. So as you can see, if a person thinks of taking amrit, then its their good karam, but if they keep making excuses after having that thought and keep delaying it, than that is thier bad karams.

Guest SikhForLife

this is a bit confusing for me to understand.. although guru told him what might have happened to him.. we dont know.... so are we suppose to accept everything that happens to us...

if thats the case.. then ill just sit home all day and eat drink and sleep.. cuz watever happens is gonna happen..

Abortion is wrong!I believe that a Jivatma can enter at any stage in a baby's development.It's not necassary that it has to happen at conception.I believe that you can get a Jivatma enter at conception , then for it to leave, and another take it's place.

I only agree with abortion when a woman has become pregnant due to rape or if a woman's life is in danger due to the pregnancy.

Sat Sri Akal.

• 4 months later...

GUR FATEH!!!

Abortion is used to wipe out the Sikh female population given that weat the moment we have the worst gender imbalances in the world:

874 : 1000 and declining

Its one of the lowest in India... thats basically due to illiterate Peasant Sikh population in villages, where in some districts the sex ratio is as low as 550 : 1000...

Absolutely disgraceful for a community that claims to be against 'kurimar' and one which goes around telling people how we respect women and all...

So pardon any harsh comments from me in this regard, but here's my gut feeling on this topic:-

This is not news, this is merely the dark side of Indian and largely Punjabi and Rajisthani culture -the abhorrent attitude towards the female principle, so much so that we now have a grossly unbalanced sex ratio in the region with one of the results being the rise in homosexual behaviour and incidents evident within the region in addition to increased rape cases (heterosexual and homosexual).

[Note; I am not intending to begin a debate on homosexuality here, nor am I intending to exhort any homophobic comments, this is a observational comment only]

I say that this the “dark side of Indian and largely Punjabi and Rajisthani culture” on account of the fact that in almost every Rehitnama that exists within the Sikh Tradition, there is explicit reference to the sins of female infanticide and relationship with Kuri-Mars (those who commit female infanticide) is forbidden for Gursikhs. Clearly this tragedy has been occurring for centuries that the Gurus and GurSikhs after them saw the need to make such explicit reference owing to the wi

despread nature of this disease.

In fact, this side of Punjabi culture is visible throughout the Diaspora; in Canada, the UK and the US, I know of many families (from purely Punjabi families to Keshdhari/Amritdhari Sikh families) who continue this attitude of detesting the female child, evident throughout the life of the girl, particularly so through her adolescent years and then when she is a finally married woman...right through to her death...

...one only needs to compare the celebrations that follow the birth of a son in Punjabi families and compare it to the feelings present when a girl is born...frankly, it’s disgusting to say the least...

...in fact the detesting of the female principle is also evident within certain supposed Gurmukh circles who through their self-concocted ideals actively seek to masculine femininity and weaken the female status, evidence of this has be easily found today in the numerous events that we have seen around us in the past year (amply discussed on this and other forums)...

To add to this audacity, we find that Sikh leaders regularly fall back upon the cultural excuse when trying to justify outdated practices that are still manifest within the Panth...there is a lot more I can add on this matter...however this posting is already too long...I just hope that we can move forward from this plague and that our Leaders in Punjab take due note of what is occuring...

Forever at the feet of the Sadh Sangat,

BIR RAS DE NAAAL...

GURBAR AKAAAAAAAL! SAT SRI AKAAAAAAAL!!!!