Producing Sikh Sportsmen

dhan_dhan_sikhi

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

There are lot of sikhs in countries like UK,USA and Canada and there are some decent sikh schools too.Why cant we introduce sports like hockey etc which are not played by by the common people in these countries.Provide EXCELLENT coaching from childhood and in 12-13 years we should have a pretty competitive team and who knows a world beating team too.It will be a GREAT feeling seeing khalsas beating the opponents.It will be such a good thing for sikh youth.

Look at India.They flop in olympics everytime.Whole country play one sport and in that too they are just average.THeir talented players are selfish and most of the time surrender under pressure.

If we have an international level hockey team or cricket team,whole world will know who sikhs are.

Can this be done or this is a dumb idea?

Why no one else think the way I do?

I hope I am not immature.

Bhul Chukk Maaf

Khalistan Zindabad

I remember once in indian basket ball team there were 4 or 5 real sikh brothers playing at a time.In hockey too,the pinds of punjab with very POOR facilites have produced olypians and genuine champions.

In india sports is all about corruption and time pass and the same has happened in Punjab.

But if we have strong will we can introduce sports like hockey cricket in schools in Uk ,canada and mean business.Like employ professional coaches and getting kids working out everyday from tender age.It will keep the kids away from laziness and other useless activities most people fall in.Plus we will produce sportsmen.Its just a matter of will I think.Sikhs contribute a lot for charity etc,this should be a pretty small thing but someone has to do it and not just write about it.

We keep on giving over importance to losers like RSS and Hindus and Human right Violations(these things do need attention and action) but we need to do things like this side by side.

I hope someone actually does it in the future.

Khalistan Zindabad

CHECK THIS OUT BRO! :TH:

An annual feature, All- India Khalsa Games, organised by the Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle will be held at Hyderabad from December 25 to 30. This decision was taken at a meeting of the circle held here recently, according to Dr Charan Kamal Singh, chief secretary of the circle.

During this six-day sports extravaganza, competition in cricket, hockey, badminton, gatka, races, carrom and chess will be conducted in which, participants of all ages will take part. The winners will be given cash prizes besides medals and momentoes while others will be awarded with certificates.

Meanwhile, Prof Ram Singh, chief organiser of the meet said that the Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle had always been trying to channelise youths’ energy through educational activities, sports and other constructive methods so that their character could develop in a positive way. The games to be held at Hyderabad are part of this strategy, Prof Singh added.

Prominent among others who attended the meeting and shared their views include Mr Ranjit Singh, Mr Inderpal Singh, Mr Jaspal Singh, Mr Satnam Singh and Ms Amarjit Kaur.

Its a nice thing that sports are being encouraged.But the problem with India and in fact subcontinent is that the management is missing.Professionalism is missing.

We need professional approach.Sports not just for time pass and good health but sports should mean business.

Just for example

Say we have a sikh school in canada with about 60-80 students in each grade.

Put an astro turf which will cost I think 60000 dollars and amount can be paid in 5 years.Employ a sikh coach(lots of skilled coaches in punjab) and a good german or dutch coach.Make young kids of 3 to 4 years to play hockey.I am sure in 14 years time we should have a team much better than the present Indian hockey team.