Solution For Places Where Sri Sahib Is Not Allowed

dhan_dhan_sikhi

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I was in South Korea for a seminar and I had problem in entering the seminar room with my Sri Sahib.I told that its not a weapon but is a part of my faith and is very much part of my body.After some time the person who was a nice gentleman allowed me.But I hate explaining other humans like this.

Sometimes I think cant we make some special device that can cover the Sri Sahib and must have the control with the security incharge of that place.And we are told that Sir,here we assure that u wont need to use your Sri Sahib Ji and kindly put this device on?

It will look so nice.

Is this possible?

I must say south korean chinki veers were very polite and understanding.

waheguru ji...

But I hate explaining other humans like this.

bhaji, dont hate explaining your sikhi to people.

we complain that nobody knows about sikhs and yet we are unwilling to educate others.

Sometimes I think cant we make some special device that can cover the Sri Sahib and must have the control with the security incharge of that place.

hmmm... nice idea, but its not very practical. say if you needed to use your kirpan, then you'd be standing there trying to unlock your security device while somebody stabbed you.

bhul chuk maaf ji d_oh.gif

the idea of carrying Sri Sahib at all times is to be able to protect anyone in trouble.

lol thats a funny idea, but i am NOT going to give control of a kakkar given to me by my Guru Ji to some security man, not that i have anything aagainst security ppl cos they all nice ppl.

A Sikh should never make compromises on his/her Kakaars to appease others. I was just thinking about this issue as I flipped through "Struggle for Justice" (speeches of Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale) and I came across the following excerpt:

"...Bibi Indra has been making some announcements in a roundabout manner...about the length of the Kirpaan. No Sikh is ever going to accept this. There is sadness in my heart. As far as I have learnt from historical accounts and by word of mouth from great men, no person following any religion has ever had restrictions imposed on his religious symbols. If any restriction has been forcibly imposed, it has not been tolerated. Where she decides in favour of six inches or nine inches, a Sikh will never tolerate it. Tell her that this is an inseparable part of us. We did not get the Kirpaan in exchange for peanuts. We did not sell lentils to get it. It has been received in return for our heads. Those who take off their caps and place them at the foot of Nauranga's [Aurangzeb's] cot want to place restrictions on something that was acquired by sacrificing our heads! What right do they have to impose restrictions on our Kirpaan? A Sikh should keep a kirpaan as long as he can manage... Accepting restrictions on the kirpaan, to my mind, is accepting restriction on our religion." [page 48]

We cave in and bow to governments who impose restrictions and refuse us entry onto planes etc. But accepting these restrictions really is accepting restrictions on our religion.

To the veer who started this topic, please don't cover/hide your precious Kakaar. If it takes a few minutes to explain the kirpaan to those who don't know, consider it time well-spent if it results in you keeping your kakaar with your head still held high.

<<To the veer who started this topic, please don't cover/hide your precious Kakaar.>>

I dont hide my kakkar anywhere.I also love to preach others about sikhi,if I dont have these worldy affairs I would like to preach sikhi 24 hours.But I feel a bit bad in explaining these skin headed tattoed security guys about all this stuff.

In the ideal case the sikhs should be allowed with Sri Sahib at all places but thats not what is happening and we need to find some solution.I feel so bad when I remove my kakkar everytime I have to fly.Either make your own airlines,or revolt big time or find some other solution to this menace.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh