Sahara Airways

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Me planning a trip to Punjab within the next few weeks from the UK tongue.gif Yaaay

and there are not many available flights apart from Sahara Airways, a new direct flight to Delhi. Im bit wary travellin on this flight.. ohmy.gif Any one by any chance travelled on this airline and have any experiences to share.

Thanks

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

If your going to Punjab, try to get a flight to Amritsar, it is like a hundred times more convenient and better than Delhi.

The Air Turkmenistan flight stops for about an hour or two in Ashkabad, but its better waiting there, than 7 hours journey from Delhi.

The Air Uzbekistan is the same but stops in Tashkent instead.

The flights themselves are not very good, but they are still descent, even first class is not very good either, but end of the day they are reliable and will get you to Amritsar and save you the 7 hours tiring journey from Delhi.

If you live closer to Birmingham Airport than Heathrow Airport London, then it is also a bonus as they go from Birmingham quite regularly.

The new direct flight from Birmingham or Heathrow by Air India, direct to Amritsar is very good, but is always fully booked and the prices even for economy are at the moment extremely high and a rip-off!

I think the flights to Amritsar are best and the new airport which is now built is much better, cleaner...etc than Delhi!

Hope that helps.....

Sahara should be OK. This week They were bought by Jet Airways (another Indian airline).

The flights are pretty cheap. If you are concerned just bring your own food.

I used to book through the local apne travel agents but go direct nowadays. I used to go into the travel agent with dates and they would say yes i can get you on this flight. When I would go to pick tickets up the dates would be different. The idiots would not even ask me before booking differnt dates.

It is far easier to book direct now via the internet. For my last 3 flights to India I have used the net. I have even managed to get better prices than the local travel agent could give me for major airlines like BA, Lufthansa, KLM etc.

Try the BA web site. It will let you input the dates you want then give you prices for that date and dates a week before and after, so you can see if you can save a bit of money by changing your dates.

As for flying into Amritsar, I still prefer to go to Delhi as it gives an opportunity to visit our Gurdwara in Delhi plus it is actually easier and quicker for me to get home from Delhi than it is from Amritsar (we do not all live in Jullundhur Doaba area).

Anyway whatever you decide, take care and enjoy your trip.

Sahara should be OK. This week They were bought by Jet Airways (another Indian airline).

The flights are pretty cheap. If you are concerned just bring your own food.

I used to book through the local apne travel agents but go direct nowadays. I used to go into the travel agent with dates and they would say yes i can get you on this flight. When I would go to pick tickets up the dates would be different. The idiots would not even ask me before booking differnt dates.

It is far easier to book direct now via the internet. For my last 3 flights to India I have used the net. I have even managed to get better prices than the local travel agent could give me for major airlines like BA, Lufthansa, KLM etc. 

Try the BA web site. It will let you input the dates you want then give you prices for that date and dates a week before and after, so you can see if you can save a bit of money by changing your dates.

As for flying into Amritsar, I still prefer to go to Delhi as it gives an opportunity to visit our Gurdwara in Delhi plus it is actually easier and quicker for me to get home from Delhi than it is from Amritsar (we do not all live in Jullundhur Doaba area). 

Anyway whatever you decide, take care and enjoy your trip.

147905[/snapback]

Yeh thats true, depends on where you live as Delhi may infact be closer to you, therefore getting tickets there will be better. Also yes, if you do not have much time and will not be able to make time to have Darshan of the Gurdware in Delhi area another day, then you can have Darshan when you get there or on way back, but if you do have more time, then it's very nice coming another day SOLELY for the intention of having Darshan of the beautiful historical Gurdware.

If your going to Punjab, try to get a flight to Amritsar, it is like a hundred times more convenient and better than Delhi.

The Air Turkmenistan flight stops for about an hour or two in Ashkabad, but its better waiting there, than 7 hours journey from Delhi.

If you live closer to Birmingham Airport than Heathrow Airport London, then it is also a bonus as they go from Birmingham quite regularly.

The new direct flight from Birmingham or Heathrow by Air India, direct to Amritsar is very good, but is always fully booked and the prices even for economy are at the moment extremely high and a rip-off!

I think the flights to Amritsar are best and the new airport which is now built is much better, cleaner...etc than Delhi!

Great!

Paaji tussi airport te kam karde ho? tongue.gif

Great!

Paaji tussi airport te kam karde ho? tongue.gif

147987[/snapback]

LOL.gif

Ehee Ta Paaji Meh Soch Da See :)

Yeh, that post sounded like some sort of Travel Agent from Soho Road LOLz.