Phl Hockey !

Raju

There is this new thing called PHL hockey in Punjab, it seems that Nirankaris and Gursikhs are using this hockey league to score a few points against each other. A few eons ago I saw a clash on the hockey field between these two groups. Nirakaris are the ones with white turbans ... right ?

Since I am not really clued in; is there any truth to this or am I just imagining things ??

Well PHL stands for Premier Hockey League which has I think 2 teams from Punjab "Sher-e-Jalandhar" and "Chandigarh Dynamoes" and has players from both within India and from Pakistan, Holland, and Argentina.

During November/December there was this big fight between two groups on the hockey field, I think this happened during a PHL match at the Shivaji hockey stadium in Delhi and one group was basically all "white-turbanned" and the others were probably Gursikhs/Jatsikhs/Monas and both the groups were swinging their hockey sticks at each other as if there was no tomorrow. The incident was condemned because more than a dozen hockey players were injured there. I think you could also find something about this on Google since this got publicity as a shameful incident on the field.

Again these days I am seeing aggressive behaviour from the "white-turban guys" during hockey matches which are going on as part of PHL in Sector-42 in Chandigarh. Is this part of the past incident or is this just a method of needling the rest and provoking an incident.