Guru Ka Langar & Bibek

Bibek means the power to distinguish between right and wrong,

There are many types of bibek,

Focusing on dietary bibek,

One of the main reasonings is that Gursikhs try to keep the same standard for their food as they did in their Amrit Sanchaar, i.e. prepared by Gursikhs in Sarbloh while reciting Gurbaanee or Naam Simran.

Other than that, we don't need logical reasons,

It's hukam of Guru Sahib and we should strive to follow it,

Many Gursikhs in the past were Sarblohi, including Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh Jee and Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindravale among countless others.

Bibek is gyan or knowledge to know the difference between right and wrong, many times it can be just a feeling and not an intelligible thought. An example of the concept of bibek is ones conscience.

There are two main types of bibek, Man bibek or bibek of the mind and tan bibek or bibek of the body. Man bibek is involved in knowing whats right and wrong, in that you dont feel right listening to music or watching bad/explicit movies.

Food bibek falls under tan bibek in what you do. Everyone follows food bibek to some extent. This can involve not drinking alcohol, not eating meat. This continues on to stricter types such as not eating out because you dont know if meat etc is in your food or the cleanliness of it. I mean when I was younger I worked at a cinema and the guy making popcorn picked his nose. To me eating out is disgusting, its like eating garbage, you dont know what it is or where it came from.

This can be followed even stricter by only eating from the hands of gurmukhs or amritdharis. I am not saying only amritdharis are gurmukhs but I lake the avastha to know who is a gurmukh so as a general rule, you would only eat from amritdharis. This can go even stricter by only eating from sarbloh, this is usually referred to as Sarbloh Bibek.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree with veerjee... good explaination... its explained in more detail in Gurmat Bibek by bhai sahib randhir singh... well eating junk effect the concentration... though it doesn't affect us right now coz we don't concentrate on naam abhyaas that much but to naam abhyaasi gursikhs even little change in concentration affects a lot... so they prefer to keep bibek on lot of things like food, dressing, talking, listening everything...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!