Ggsj And Party Halls....

There has been a lot of debate about carrying out weddings in party halls with GGSJ present.

I agree, this should not be done.

But take a moment and think deeper.

When we go to the Gudwara, are we not like that party hall?

If we drink/smoke/eat meat(please dont jump on that last one), isn't that the same as taking Maharaji to the Party Hall? If we do such things, knowing they are not allowed, then what is the difference between us going into Maharaji's 'Party Hall' , aka the Gudwara (and I dont mean that literally) and taking Maharaji to a party hall that serves meat/alcohol and such??

Whilst a lot of people are in support of this idea, rightly so, maybe we should be thinking of it from both points of view...does Maharaji really want drinking/smoking/meat-eating/vice ridden filth (again, NO OFFENCE meant to anyone, but if we were all clean and perfect, we wouldnt be here would we) within his own hall?

I think this has ben discussed before. im against having anything like that in the presence of guru ji or in any hall, such as a gurdwara hall (even if it is a mile away), where this filth takes place, i hope this does not turn ino a meat argument, cuz its going on in another thread at this very moment. But dis doz take place in many gurdwaraz tho i no itz rong and that - wat iz Akal Thakhats say on this issue? grin.gif

I think its more important that if we have strong views about other people taking GGSJ to a party hall because of the drink/smoke/meat issue, we OURSELVES have to make sure we don't go to a Gudware if we are 'obsessed' or 'partake' in drinking alcohol, eating meat (possily), smoking etc etc....as much as it's about keep maharaji in a clean environment, we also have to make sure our own vessel (i.e. our body) is clean whenever we are in the presence of Maharaji. And if this means stopping drinking or stop smoking...then we should do such things before we can really present outselves to Maharaji