Tomb Of Prophet's "descendant" Discovered In Punj

asmlondon

Take a look at the latest story on www.punjabheritage.org which reports the very latest discovery of a tomb of one of the Prophet's descendants in East Punjab. Forgotten since the partition in 1947 it became the property of the Buddha Dal who have some kind of guardianship ever since.

It was discovered only recently, almost by chance, and has been creating a great deal of interest in the muslim world.

Click onto the home page of Punjab heritage news onwww.punjabheritage.org or straight to the news story here.

Seems a bit dodgy to me

The inscription is recent. The newpaper describes 'old religious books' giving information about this! The inscription is recent probably the work of some Muslim seeking to give importance to the place and ready to be taken over and a Shia community established there. Don't think the Mazae is of the Imam chappie probably just an old mazar of a sufi, seems like every tom d.ick and harry had a mazar at that time. Over 5000 Shia familes are due to be transferred there! what will the affect on the communal situation in samana be of that? Considering Shia's think of all non-Muslims as Najis ie unclean same as urine I don't think this is good for Punjab. Shall we ask Iran to allow 5000 Sikh families to migrate there to look after one of Guru Nanak's gurdwaras there?

Some Shia imam from Lucknow says that Nihangs tried to convert the shrine into a Gurdwara but the Gurdwara kept crumbling..lol how's that for superstition and a way of insulting local Sikhs just before the 'superior' shias arrive to take over the town.

Always been a bit weary of UKPHA, what with the Nangs always singing the praises of the Shias and taking part in their self abuse ceremonies.

<edited>

Take a look at the latest story on www.punjabheritage.org which reports the very latest discovery of a tomb of one of the Prophet's descendants in East Punjab. Forgotten since the partition in 1947 it became the property of the Buddha Dal who have some kind of guardianship ever since.

It was discovered only recently, almost by chance, and has been creating a great deal of interest in the muslim world.

Click onto the home page of Punjab heritage news onwww.punjabheritage.org  or straight to the news story here.

159601[/snapback]

Excuse my ignorance, but how is this connected to Sikhism?

People are known by the company they keep. Look there for the answer grasshopper.

159716[/snapback]

My dear Watson,

So since when has Zafarul-Islam Khan been buddies with UKPHA and Nangs ?

Yes ASM did a book with Paramjit Singh, so what ?

The site is a serious attempt to document stories about Punjabi heritage. I suggest you read the articles on the site before jumping to farcical conclusions.

People are known by the company they keep. Look there for the answer grasshopper.

159716[/snapback]

My dear Watson,

The site is a serious attempt to document stories about Punjabi heritage. I suggest you read the articles on the site before jumping to farcical conclusions.

159752[/snapback]

yo wa is wrong wid u dude, calling every one nangs..... do u no Nihang Singhs of Budha Dal....do you no Nihang Singhs of Tarna Dal..... if so then back up ur reports of them being "nangs", if not then keep ya trap shut.....i thought u lot supposed to be "sikhs"

what a joke

159716[/snapback]

My dear Watson,

159752[/snapback]

yo wa is wrong wid u dude, calling every one nangs..... do u no Nihang Singhs of Budha Dal....do you no Nihang Singhs of Tarna Dal..... if so then back up ur reports of them being "nangs", if not then keep ya trap shut.....i thought u lot supposed to be "sikhs"

what a joke

159756[/snapback]

LOL. Why not bother to read before opening your trap ?

My reply was aimed at new member who refers to them as nangs.

BTW just as in India you get nangs you get them in the UK as well.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Dont know what to really say... but how we gonna know if its not just all a lie? But then again i think it really could be the 9th imam's tomb... coz of the evidence of where the name etc comes from... i think it can be a good thing... coz in a way Panjab has already got religious significance... for the Sikhs, Hindus, and Bhudhists and Jains (i think) and if its got religious significance for Muslims thats kool too...

but one thing which is kind of annoying is the point mentioned in the earlier post that if Muslims can be transferred to there to look after the upkeep... then why cant Sikhs be transferred to Afghanistan, Pakistan etc where the Sikh shrines are, for there upkeep? Afterall them shrines are also have significance for Sikhs.

But then again the transfer of Muslims may lead to arguments between the ppl in the area... since it may not feel the same again and the local community may feel there land is getting invaded... if that makes sense lol.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH