Rehyt Maryada

bye bye deras...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO.. well maybe we should use the Rehat maryada as a basic launch pad or basic guidlines and then eventually one should go directly to the source - Guru Granth Sahib Ji for their way to live by... But one should follow rehat as it is basically the codes extrated from the guru granth sahib ji or the gurus teachings...

Hi Munjoth I thought I'd doctor you post a bit.....

from what i understand the difference arent that big, only on certain issues:

meat issue: all other sect maryadas ban it apart from SGPC ( which is the SIKH Marayada derived from consensus of all Sikh groups) and maybe some nihung sects.

keski as kakaar: only akj and i think 3HO accept this, rest of the panth say kes is kakaar (as per Sikh or sgpc marayada)

5 bania as minimum: most of the sects of the panth say 5 bania but SGPC (which is the Sikh marayada derived by consensus from all Sikh groups) say 3

Where bani is read up to (namely chaupai sahib)

Naam dhrirh: not entirely sure about this but i think again, akj and 3HO say you only get gurmanter from the punj if u have naam dhrirh...

Thats the main difference really. lol.

Regards :@

Proves that kid munjoth is part of a sect and/or an offshoot just like radhaswamis, nirankaris, etc.

Meaning he doesn't care about Guru or Guru Panth.

Koorh Nikhuttay Naankaa Orak Such Rahee!

Panth enemies can keep trying but they will never be able to finish off the Panth!!!!!

Maryada this, Maryada that.

Defination of Maryada: Anything that reminds this prani about death(mar) yada(remembrance). That's a basic.

So stop fighting like jananiya's.

I swear to God, sometimes thinking about state of panthic sikh police on the internet, panthic wanna be gangasters i think about, none of them has grasp the concept of panth that Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji created.

Sikhs organizations has yet to convince all the samparda's on one maryada all because of black and white sikhi thinking of so called tat khalsa singh sabha.

Question from a hardcore panthic,

How come there are two many maryada's out there, others maryada are false, just one is right?

Answer: Ermmmm NO !, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sikhi is not black and white Sikhi,panth never meant to have be one maryada. DUH. But panth meant to have multiple maryada which represents tolerance and acceptance between diverse orders, jatha's of Sikh Dharam.

Here in poetic terms,

Think of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sikhi as Huge bigicha(Garden) which has different unique type of flowers all orginated from One Seed(Ikongkar).

Don't waste your energy on fighting or to convince others your maryada is true maryada, others are false. How about this instead? All maryada are true , none is false as long as this jiv does not forget Vahiguroo by following the maryada.

By the way above i m *NOT* talking about core beleifs of sri akaal takth sahib maryada ie- Maryada of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ie- parkash, sukhason etc, Maryada of Amrit, Maryada of 5k's. But rest of pitty stuff our youth seems to hell bent on.

Guest A Singh.

meat issue: all maryadas ban it apart from SGPC and maybe some nihung sects

keski as kakaar: only akj and i think 3HO accept this, rest of the panth say kes is kakaar

5 bania as minimum: most of panth say 5 bania but SGPC say 3

Naam dhrirh: not entirely sure about this but i think again, akj and 3HO say you only get gurmanter from the punj if u have naam dhrirh...

Two points of clarification - 3HO do not believe in Keski as Kakkar. And 3HO do not give Naam DriRh to Abhilakees. And Naam DriRh, is seperate to giving the Gurmantar. And meat is not completely and totally "banned" as a Kurehat to my knowledge in any major Maryada other than AKJ.

Two points of clarification - 3HO do not believe in Keski as Kakkar. And 3HO do not give Naam DriRh to Abhilakees. And Naam DriRh, is seperate to giving the Gurmantar.

^^

ah my bad veer ji :@

And meat is not completely and totally "banned" as a Kurehat to my knowledge in any major Maryada other than AKJ.

^^

i am sure taksals maryada it is banned? hmm maybe you could explain this a little further, thx :)

Proves that kid munjoth is part of a sect and/or an offshoot just like radhaswamis, nirankaris, etc.

Panth enemies can keep trying but they will never be able to finish off the Panth!!!!!

^^

[/sarcasm] yes i am a panth enemy, i am hear to finish off the panth, bow b4 me and come to my dera[/sarcasm]

now what the hell are you on about?

Hi Munjoth I thought I'd doctor you post a bit.....

meat issue: all other sect maryadas ban it apart from SGPC ( which is the SIKH Marayada derived from consensus of all Sikh groups) and maybe some nihung sects.

keski as kakaar: only akj and i think 3HO accept this, rest of the panth say kes is kakaar (as per Sikh or sgpc marayada)

5 bania as minimum: most of the sects of the panth say 5 bania but SGPC (which is the Sikh marayada derived by consensus from all Sikh groups) say 3

Regards :@

take it easy Khalsa Fauj man. He's only quoting what he has been taught.

I don't think he's an enemy.

FATEH

Dear Randip Singh

I know this is off topic but ive noticed a trend in ure posts....for example the meat ones....u justified by saying its aloud because its the concensus of the khalsa panth but i recall a post u wrote about marraige and u said that u dnt see a problem with marrying outside of sikhi....im not 100% sure but dusnt the akaal thakat sahib rehit maryada state that a sikh shudnt marry sum1 from another faith...isnt this also the concensus of the akaal thakht sahib?....sorry if i offended i hav no intent on offending my brother and if i am wrong pleasse tell me

Fateh

FATEH

Dear Randip Singh

I know this is off topic but ive noticed a trend in ure posts....for example the meat ones....u justified by saying its aloud because its the concensus of the khalsa panth but i recall a post u wrote about marraige and u said that u dnt see a problem with marrying outside of sikhi....im not 100% sure but dusnt the akaal thakat sahib rehit maryada state that a sikh shudnt marry sum1 from another faith...isnt this also the concensus of the akaal thakht sahib?....sorry if i offended i hav no intent on offending my brother and if i am wrong pleasse tell me

Fateh

If you scroll up I say I don't agree with a Sikh marrying a Sikh but I accept it......so until we change this consensus, we accept it. The reason why I said that is because Guru Gobind Singh ji said "Manaas Ki Jaat Paachano" (recognise the human race as one). Clearly there is a difference here.

And no one is justifying anything aloud. :@ Before you talk about justifying aloud, :) talk to the people who try and justify vegetarianism aloud :@ as the only diet for Sikhs, and then doctor quotes from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji to justify their position aloud :) . The point of the essay was to declare the futility of the argument over meat eating and vegetarianism. For too long I have been seeing posts from people on all forums declaring this to be a central premise of Sikhsm..................the reality is that it has nothing to do with Sikhism (even Amritdhari)......and is a personal choice.

Cheers Brother.

PS Other topics I have tackled aloud are racism in Sikhism, Homosexuality in Sikhim, Geneder In equality in Sikhism, Superstition in Sikhism etc etc. :)

Guest A Singh.

i am sure taksals maryada it is banned? hmm maybe you could explain this a little further, thx :@

As far as I am aware the Kurehat according to original Damdami Taksal Maryada is Halal and in Gurbani Paath Darshan by Baba Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale, it is mentioned that it is Halal which is the Kurehat and not regular meat, although excessive eating of meat is advised against. I am not sure what the modern Taksal stance is on this, it may have changed.