Wealth And Poverty C/w

Hello,

I'm doing R.S coursework, one of the questions which came up was..

Explain the Sikh attitiude towards wealth and poverty. Well it was actually on whatever your chosen religion is, mine is sikhi..

I am a Sikh, and I know a lil amount about Sikhi, but nowhere near loads, theres so much in sikhi to learn, hence the name.

anyway, this is what i got so far on my coursework....

Charity is a major part of Siki. Infact the aim of Sikhi is to serve humanity, fight for justice and truth, despite the image its Punjabi culture may give.

Charity in Sikhi is known as 'seva'.....

I havent done an introduction, cos i usually start my work from the middle then the begginig then the end. lol

But if you guys could provide me with decent links or information to put in there, or quotes from good Gursikhs and the GGSJ.

Thankyou, it would be much appreciated.

Sat Sri Akal:

Sikhs do believe in earning their daily bread and working honestly and hard. It is a means to life in this world as a way of survival and existence. But everything is the Almighty's and a Sikh does not see himself/herself as rich or poor:

Jo Kich Hai So Tera, Mera Mujh Mai Kich Nahi, Kia Laagae Mera.

That is the motto and the ideal of the Sikh...to come to the understanding that in the end, it is all the Almighty's gifts.

you could also talk about vand ke shakna, which is sharing what you have. daswandh is 10% of your profits which can be donated to charity.

charity isnt jus about your money, its about your time. giving all of your tima and effort to someone who really needs you help.

about seva put there are many forms of seva. it can be done in the gurdwara or outside of the gurdwara. but there is a difference. by doing seva in the gurdwara we remember that we have a sahib (master) so we ask guru ji to take our ego away from us. if we do seva outside it is easy to forget that it is not us doing the seva, it is with the grace of the almighty. but still, seva can b done anywhere.