How Often You Wake Up Amritvela

Gupt Lion

How Often You Wake Up Amritvela  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How Often Do You Wake Up Amritvela?

• Everyday Without Fail
    • 3 Times A Week?
    • Twice A Week
    • Once A Week
    • Never

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

You have to practice. So at 1st get up at 6 no matter what and a few weeks later wake at 5 and after a month wake at 4 etc. until your at the point where you get up at the last {4th} quarter of the night. Remember it changes with the seasons so in the winter the night is longer than in the summer etc. but the time isnt too drastically changed.

But Amritvela is meaning that you wake at the last{4th} quarter of the night and not at a specific time like lets say some say 3am and some say 4am but it has to do with the night being divided up into 4 quarters

blah blah balh enough of my yacking

You have to practice. So at 1st get up at 6 no matter what and a few weeks later wake at 5 and after a month wake at 4 etc. until your at the point where you get up at the last {4th} quarter of the night. Remember it changes with the seasons so in the winter the night is longer than in the summer etc. but the time isnt too drastically changed.

But Amritvela is meaning that you wake at the last{4th} quarter of the night and not at a specific time like lets say some say 3am and some say 4am but it has to do with the night being divided up into 4 quarters

blah blah balh enough of my yacking

Tottaly agree with bhai sahib you have to slowly progress with amritvela is u stright away try waking up at 2 or 3 it will not work out

we should try spend as much time japping naam as we can

immense japping of naam will clean our mind and make it pure and utimatly take us closer to akal purak

with kirpa one will have so much pyaar and thirst to jaap naam that they will start sacrificing more and more sleep for naam and will begin to sleep less their have been gursikhs that used to just sleep half and hour or hour a day n rest of the ngiht would be absorbed in naam abiyaaas

I only sleep 3-4 hours a night, and 5 hours feels like I slept in.

yeh 4/5 hours of sleep is more than enough

plus 1hr of meditation is equal to 8hours sleep some one told me once and it make sense we only get tired because our mind wonder it goes through many thoguts throughout the day which leaves us tired

we sleep our mind does not wonder as much which recharges or battries

were as wen doing naam abyaas one on focus in waheguru and stops the mind from wondering which is equal to a good sleep

It's all about conditioning; keep the same sleep schedule every day and you won't feel tired. Like Pritam Singh said, when you sleep in on the weekends you feel more tired, in fact.

When you sleep through Amritvela GuruJi says you are dead while still alive.

A real Gursikh will never sleep through A.vela.

God is there everyday but hears your prayer more clearly at Amritvela, and is there every morning even on weekends.

If you feel tired during the day then take a nap its not against the law. Just dont sleep for a long time or you then traded your sleep during the day for your sleep at night.

what about people who sleep during hte day and wake up at night? or insomniacs? Amrit Vela means when you wake up and nothing else is going on.. so technically the middle of the night (when nothing outside is going on) and you JUST woke up refreshed is considered amrit vela

i've never heard of this fourth quarter thing before, where'd you get that from?

A real Gursikh will never sleep through A.vela.

There is Gursikh and there is Manmukh. There is no real or fake of either, it's quite simple.

Obviously you dont understand.

"""""""""what about people who sleep during hte day and wake up at night? or insomniacs?""""""""

That means they dont wake at Amritvela. or live backwards when you should sleep during the night, insomniacs should do some labor that will use energy. I know some insomniacs who after doing hard work they sleep just fine, so they are always looking to do hard work so they feel better when they sleep.

""""""so technically the middle of the night (when nothing outside is going on) and you JUST woke up refreshed is considered amrit vela"""""

No so "specifically" Amritvela is the last quarter of the night. Good justifacation of twisting it for a manmukh way of thinking of it.

"""""""i've never heard of this fourth quarter thing before, where'd you get that from?""""""""

Go and research it. Youve already said the opposite of what I said so Ill let you go and learn for yourself or remain justified.

"""""""There is Gursikh and there is Manmukh. There is no real or fake of either, it's quite simple."""""""

Its quite simple a real Sikh will never miss Amritvela and be lazy enough to sleep through it. A manmukh would think even one time wont matter. You could call yourself a Gurmukh and not follow rehat and be considered a moorakh with a manmukh way of thinking.

If I say black, youll say white. Do what you want, think what you want.