If You Want To Save The World.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but wen sum1 starts false sh*& about sikhi then it hurts...u gota stand up for tha truth..

Agree. :TH: The person in question probably got those quotes from a comic book! I knew they were full of it when they said the gurus eat meat! That's major paap right there! I just wanted to see how much full of it they were. DON'T SAY SOMETHING UNLESS YOU HAVE PROOF!

*#! this such a illeagle arguement to have.

AKAAL TAHKT SAHIB HAS BANNED ALL DISCUSSION OF THIS TOPIC, HAVE SOME RESPECT.

What is illegal about the discussion Lionchilds assumptions???

*#! this such a illeagle arguement to have.

AKAAL TAHKT SAHIB HAS BANNED ALL DISCUSSION OF THIS TOPIC, HAVE SOME RESPECT.

What is illegal about the discussion Lionchilds assumptions???

Yeah, basically saying the gurus ate meat is kind of a no no and then throwing these "quotes" from who knows where to defend it is even worse. If I said that growing up, I would have been slapped very hard and probably had my nose broken.

And, who ever challenged the existance of Bhram Gianees, THEY do exist. There's a line in gurbani that goes...

"BRAHM GIANI SADH JEEVE NAHI MARTA"

Enough said.

I'm just really upset that someone used any quote they found, and tried to PROVE that the gurus ate meat! VERY OFFENDED! :D

Don't ever? i bet you would kill someone if a baba or sant told you to do so. Your blindless is what is creating so many problems in sikhi. This so called "repsect" is why RSS and other organizations are having an easy time pentrating sikhi. They can label something sacred and respectful and people won't question it.

And, dude, just shut up already. Is this what you have learned from sikhi? Don't ever say that to HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz or any member ever again! You really said a bunch of crap in this thread that you should apologize to guru ji for. I don't know what happened to you, I really am at a loss. ohmy.gif

you guys are so full of anger and ego.. really, the quotes are from randips singhs "fools who wrangle" Anyways, what is so offending if the gurus ate meat? or not? the very fact peopel get angry over this just shows that people think that eating a certain diet makes you better than the rest. It also proves the fact tha people get angry and continue to wrnagle - the facts and quotes have been rolled out, now it's up to us as individuals to decide on the issue. whether we eat meat or not - your still a sikh and still can pray to god.

Your right, it doesnt specifically say in the guru granth sahib ji that any of the gurus ate meat (to the best of my knowledge), the SGGS does not go into the every detail of their lives, down to the very minute. However, since some the gurus hunted, and they prepared it, why would they only serve it to their followers and not eat it themselves? wouldnt that contradict equality? Again, there is not explicit mention of it, but logicaly thinking - why would they not eat the same food they fed their sangat?

One of the main points in sikhi i like is the fact that we should not make ourselves higher or believe in a caste system, or develop a set of rules that supposed to make you higher.

IMHO: i respect both vegetarians, and meat eaters, both are our brothers and sikhs. I believe in making unity and not dividing the sangat over little issues like this. How others eat is of no concern to you, but only for yourself and you alone. Don't go and force others to be like yourself. Unless their is a clear offensive act, don't assume, attack or try and use the gurus message to justify your reasoning.

Think i'm justifying meat eating? Umm no, if i was, i would say "you can only eat meat to be sikh". Obviously i didn't do that nor have the intention to do so. rolleyes.gif

In a recent poll only 40% of Sikhs eat meat. Is this the group that doesnt care?????

Its an ethical issue of why not to eat meat.

Your really quick to say caste system, and you dont understand how the caste system works or what the use of it was for.

Technically we could say Khalsa is a caste the only one equal caste but what about the people who dont want to be a Khalsa???? are they lower or equal to those who exersize what the Guru commanded to do {wake at amritvela, read banis etc}

What you are saying is challenging Akal Takhat are you someone that can challenge the authority???????????

Dont make Sikhi a trend during your life.

Yeah you can pray to God. Other religions do things their way but Sikhs do it their way.

We who dont eat meat dont have an animals blood inside us ever or digest blood.How can your brain not change from a carnivorous view if you eat vegetarian??? So you are saying a carnivorous animal and an herbavorian animals thinks the same or has the same actions??

You are forcing people to think vegetarianism is just a hindu brahmins system.ll use your tactic and ask you "Qoute please?"

How in any way are you not justifying eating meat???????????

You dont want a divide from this issue, so you are saying you will quit eating meat????? or that we have to eat meat?????

When we say dont eat meat you are so full of anger and ego.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
u obviously have issues...why do u always feel that sum1 is trying to say they're better thanu?? where exactly did i say that? obviously u have some underlying issues that make u wanna attack anyone that says something about sikhi that u're not following...NOWHERE in my post did i say i'm better than u...DUDE the brahm gianees i listed are from recent times!!! maybe u should read books on their jeevans rather than coming up with BS about eating meat. dont twist sikhi and DONT EVER call them"so called babay" judging from ur ideas on these mahapursh, u obviously have no clue what ur talking about. do these GGSJ quotes have to slap u in tha face b4 u realize what they're saying???PSK provided u with quotes, if u decide to blindly look past them, then thas ur problem...if u wana follow sikhi then by all means do it, but like i've said a million times b4..dont adjust it to ur own lifestyle...whats ur prob man..why cant u just admit that u dont follow something in sikhi and move on?? i dont understanbd why ppl have such a bad time with admitting their faults...as a matter of fact...if u cant admit your faults then u obviously think u're better than everyone..pshh

i bet you would kill someone if a baba or sant told you to do so. Your blindless is what is creating so many problems in sikhi. This so called "repsect" is why RSS and other organizations are having an easy time pentrating sikhi. They can label something sacred and respectful and people won't question it.

I question people and rituals that don't belong were they are.

Don't be blind, nor ignorant - only follow the guru.

sevak sikh hamare tariah

chun chun satr hamare mariah

kindly make my servants as well as my disciples swim (this world ocean)

kindly kill my enemies after singling them out

ap hath dai mujhai ubariyai

marn kal katras nivariyai

kindly give me your hand and save me

kindly destroy from within myself the fear of the time of death

hujo sada hamare pachha

sri asidhuj ju kariyoh rachha

may you ever remain on my side

o God, there is sword on your banner, protect me

rakh lehu muhe rakhan-hare

sahib sant sahae piare

o great preserver, preserve me