Annoyed....punjabi's....huh

i dont go to parties/halls anymore nor do i listen to bhangra music...its my choice and i dont force my opinions upon anyone else...then why do others do it to me

i am constantly harrassed by cousins for not going to parties/halls..like im a let down or something

i dont care if they get drunk, i dont care if they don't mind their sisters dancing infront of strange drunk men...i just dont care

You always here ppl say Singhs look down at moneh (ppl with cut hair) but i'm noticing a trend where by moneh are no different and even worse where they cus Singhs silly and always having digs at Singhs

Don't get me wrong...i can hold my ground but when your fighting ur own corner all the time...it does get annoying

i dont go to parties/halls anymore nor do i listen to bhangra music...its my choice and i dont force my opinions upon anyone else...then why do others do it to me

i am constantly harrassed by cousins for not going to parties/halls..like im a let down or something

i dont care if they get drunk, i dont care if they don't mind their sisters dancing infront of strange drunk men...i just dont care

You always here ppl say Singhs look down at moneh (ppl with cut hair) but i'm noticing a trend where by moneh are no different and even worse where they cus Singhs silly and always having digs at Singhs

Don't get me wrong...i can hold my ground but when your fighting ur own corner all the time...it does get annoying

this is so bad.. what has happened to our community.

There always a fringe group, a small bunch of people who never really did take the gurus message to heart. Now today, that small little group is a big percent if not the majority of "sikhs" today. The result, the devout and true sikhs are overshadowed by people like this.

It took 400 years to get to this point, it will take just as long to turn things around. no.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Ahhh there is a huge gigantic group that dont get the Gurus message just look at all the people who cut their hair, look at all the people who dont sing the Gurus praises to God, look at all the people who use drugs or drink alcohol, look at all the people who steal and cheat the Gurdwaras, look at all the people who dont follow the rehat, look at all the people, who lie and cheat other humans, look at all the people, who challenge the laws of Sikhs, look at all those who only go to the Gurdwara and go in matha tek get parshad go to langar and then go home, look at all those who never do seva, look at those who would rather listen to false hymns and not shabad kirtan,look at those who have no need for Amrit, look at all those who turn down the Sikh tradition etc etc etc...... There are more not going by the Gurus word than those who are. To be a true Gursikh is the hardest it has ever been. Now we have society against Sikhi not just a certain group or army. Now we have Singhs following manmat. People hate seeing many young Gursikhs because it makes them look bad. Its not over shadowing it is literally changed to night and the Gursikhs walk in the dark but with the light of God have their personal light leading the way for them, and even having some trying to put their personal light also.

WJKK WJKF

omg veerji i know exactly wha u sayin.....my cuzins n rents even always sayin oh why dun u go to parties wha's wrong wif it? yeah dun worry it's ok u can do paath and all too buh u need everything in life.....i do have everything in life so dere aint no need for parties n stuff :D buh do paath veerji u aint no let down jus cuz u aint goin to some stupid party....dere aint no need to go.....no one understands....it's da damn punjabi culture dat ruining everything..... no.gif aint good man aint good

WJKK WJKF

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Stay spiritual. Partying will get you further and furthwer away from the path that the Gurus revealed. If you go to parties/etc then you are only doing paath as a mechanical thing like a machine because right now you already feel it is no need. I used to years ago party and drink and smoke and was pulled into Sikhi head first and now people that I used to party with still come over to my house just to visit because they know Im happoer than I was when I partied. They arent going to become Sikhs or anything but they can tell there is something more than what they have. I love Sikhi and paath is my "parties" and Bani/Naam is my intoxicant. Rememeber those who use drugs, smoke or drink are easily mislead and are gullible to the wrong way.

Stay on track dont let a preesure make you do anything that you already know for a fact isnt what the Gurus wanted you to do.

SatNam