Sri Guru Singh Sahib Gurdwara Southall Elections Latest

Singh_Shiromani

Hi WJKK WJKF

"If you have the facts with the sources it would be good, cos I am young and impressionable haha and I find things confusing cos the counter agruements arent backed by fact, so who do you back?"

I reaaly want to help your confused state of mind, so please let me know what facts your require about either party!!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, Basically some people are trying to compare two different gurudwaras in different locations. One costing around 8 million but not yet completed and one having cost 17 million i.e. southall.

The one that has cost 8 million pounds is in gravesend and all i know about this is it is not yet finished and work has been stopped half way, also according to the bbc http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/faith/sikh_temple.shtml the gurdwara will eventually accomodate 1200 worshipers and should of been completed in 2005. The havelock road gurdwara was built on schedule costing 17 million and houses 3000 worshipers according to the bbc http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2898761.stm

Also the havelock road gurudwara is the largest gurdwara at the present time outside of india and is a pilerless structure.

Some of our fellow brothers and sisters are debating the fact on why the gurudwraa has cost so much but all i can say is the following. This is from the information i recived during the elections.

1) The havelock road guruwara was built on time and in budget. I.e the lowest tender for the piece of work.

2) All the accounts have been audited by the a reputable charted account in the city. this is tehre quote b. "In the opinion of Blackstone Franks LLP “final construction costs, were within the professional adviser’s advice and within the original budgets that were set by the trustees. "

Hope this helps you.

Wow this helps a lot, thanks for those bbc sources...a lot more reliable than what's being said on these posts lol...thank you veer/bhenji!

I still maintain that; i am neither a supporter of sohi or malhi purely because some the thigs I know they have done...through video footage and first hand experience is inexcusable :D

so can people stop accussing me of stupid stuff hehe

your more than welcome. I actually think that everything that people sya should be backed up sources. If there are any more questions i will provide you with the answers. So as i have said to others before you can not compare the two gurudwaras. especially at this moment in time when gravesend is not built. But according to the number of worshipers it can accomodate. Havelock Road in Southall accoomateds almost 3 times more than gravesend.

Wow this helps a lot, thanks for those bbc sources...a lot more reliable than what's being said on these posts lol...thank you veer/bhenji!

I still maintain that; i am neither a supporter of sohi or malhi purely because some the thigs I know they have done...through video footage and first hand experience is inexcusable :D

so can people stop accussing me of stupid stuff hehe

Pleas elet me know hat things they have done that are inexcusable

Ok, Basically some people are trying to compare two different gurudwaras in different locations. One costing around 8 million but not yet completed and one having cost 17 million i.e. southall.

The one that has cost 8 million pounds is in gravesend and all i know about this is it is not yet finished and work has been stopped half way, also according to the bbc http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/faith/sikh_temple.shtml the gurdwara will eventually accomodate 1200 worshipers and should of been completed in 2005. The havelock road gurdwara was built on schedule costing 17 million and houses 3000 worshipers according to the bbc http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2898761.stm

Also the havelock road gurudwara is the largest gurdwara at the present time outside of india and is a pilerless structure.

Some of our fellow brothers and sisters are debating the fact on why the gurudwraa has cost so much but all i can say is the following. This is from the information i recived during the elections.

1) The havelock road guruwara was built on time and in budget. I.e the lowest tender for the piece of work.

2) All the accounts have been audited by the a reputable charted account in the city. this is tehre quote b. "In the opinion of Blackstone Franks LLP “final construction costs, were within the professional adviser’s advice and within the original budgets that were set by the trustees. "

Hope this helps you.

Veerji,

I know you are trying to clarify the situation but there are a few queries I would like to raise. I have personally seen the tender for the gurdwara that was desinged prior to this design, an I must say that it was a much better design in terms of facilities and architecture. The cost of the was not more than £10 million, for the same size as the one at havelock road now. The only reason the commitee did not go ahead with that one was because the work was done by the part of the opposition who were at that time in the same comittee as Sohi. We have so many taleneted people in our community, that if we wanted we could have bulit the the gurdwara at minimum cost, instead of giving it to others to make money. But the problem is everyone just ends up cutting each other for the sake of chaudari.

Look at GNNSJ gurdwara in Soho Rd birmingham for example, that was moslty bulit and done by seva, and it is prob one of the best sikh instituions in the UK. They even offered Sohi to to the gold seva free of charge on the domes, but he said no.

Also stating that the original budget was set by the trustee means nothing, as everyone knows that the trustee osf the gurdwara and the comittee are the same group, some of them are even related. If the budget was set by and independent tender, then I would have agreed.

Gurvah Ji,

Wahe guru Ji Ka khalsa Wahe guru Ji ki Fateh.

I have not seen the old tender and can not comment on that, but all i can say is Bra, Samra & co were all part of the design, commisoning and approval process of the new gurdwara. and it was during Harpal Singh brars time as general secretary that the deisgns and tenders were passed, and this was also passed during the agm when they were all toghther. Also the mangemnet company that manged the whole process was also recomended by Mr Brar. As for the budget, this was set by the lowest tender recived. The Banks that funded the project would of insured that this was done professionally as no one will just lend you money.

As for people doing Sewa, i know that we have very talented people within our community, if they wanted to do sewa they should of sumbitted tenders for the peice of work with a cost of zero. As you can appreciate any complex building workk needs to be manged and all the works need to be scheduled. That is why on large projects we can not just have people comming in and doing work as they wish, as it all needs to be planned. The reason for having tenders for every piece of work is to ensure that we get value for money.

The thing i dont understand is the plans and model of the gurudwara were on display since 2000. A lotof the concerns that are being raised now should of been raised then. As it is too late now as the gurdwara is built and complete.

I saw the tenders then when they were made. I dont know where you would get them from now.

Yes I knw Brar and co were in the comittee when it was passed. But even when the model was displayed, noone knew what the end figures were going to be. There were questions raised but they fell on deaf ears. It is only after the buliding was made and the accounts released did people realise the extent of the money spent.