How Many Sangat Members Have Sri Guru Granth Sahib Installed At Their Home?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

How many people have SGGS at their home? I think the more GurSikhs have SGGS in their house the more the younger generation will get involved in more spiritual matters {reading/understanding etc}. People think SGGS just resides at the Gurdwara. Guru Granth should be invited and hosted properly in every Sikhs home. All the beadbi happening because people allow others to study Gurbani from GuruJi for them. Sangat members are more humble Sikhs when they invite GuruJi to reside in their home. I think others dont want darshan other than that of Sunday for an hour or so. Then during that hour or so the Sangat allows beadbi. Where are all the Sikhs who understand what Guru stands for, and take loving care of Guru Saroop. Why is there so much deriliction within Sikhs today???? Be a Sikh with every breath not just for a few hours on Sunday!!!!!!!!!

I have Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji at home with English translations so I can further study what Gurus message is. I recommend for anyone wanting to understand better what GuruJi is teaching to buy SGGS with transliterations and translations so you can study Shabad Guru. If you read everyday then you will understand better what everything means. Yes, english translation isnt written in concrete and can always be revised, but after getting familar with the English then you can start getting into learning Gurmukhi enough to become Granthi. I feel there needs to be more Seva Granthis from the Sangat so the respect level can be understood by the Sangat. Then after you get used to the other version then you can fully install Guru Sahib in your home to help you spiritually at all times.

I was wondering where you go to get a saroop of GuruJi for the house? Do you need money?? Do you have to know all of the composition or can you study while you go?? Basically, Where do you go to in the case of getting Guru Granth for your home??? { Kan eni won halp mi ouwt? :wub: }

post-5391-1159221877.jpg

If you're going to have Guru Granth Sahib Ji at home that means no alcohol!!! no tobacco!!! no meat!!!!

The maryada should be solid, nowadays its become a trend to have Maharaj at home but people still want to do their manmat actions!!!

We should encourage people to have computers and Sikhi to the max not maharaj at their house

khalsa ji ek ardaas hai is nimaane jehe daas di ki please dont critisize every thing you see in blog

the people who are doing seva of guru mahraaj , are really taking utmost care while doing it

because we understand its more important than any other thing in this world

phul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fateh

We should encourage people to have computers and Sikhi to the max not maharaj at their house

Thats kinda lame if nobody is allowed to be blessed with a swaroop of GuruJi in there home. If they are someone that holds the rehat then what is the problem??? A GurSikh should have SGGS in their home.

Next people will say only a certain person can be Granthi, because you can only read from the computer?? Then the Granthi will start to distort Sikhi because their views might not be correct. Gurbani has many blessings involved with the installation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the home. If we think a computer can be the best way is wrong. Being a lazy Sikh that doesnt take Amrit etc is the only reason why someone would say only use a computer with Sikhi to the max. Seeing Gurbani in the reflection of the persons eyes is the point of reciting Gurbani not to go look at a computer which has pop-ups and other non-Gurmat things that can quickly lead your mind away from Gurbani Paath. If you take Hukam with SGGS you dont have dating site ads, punch the president for a free ringtone etc. messing up the vibe. When you sit solemnly with GuruJi and read in peace is a for of yoga called "Raj Yoga". Participating in this Paath is the highest form of contemplation of Gurbani, being Granthi is a special thing that shouldnt be forfieted due to laziness and being un-inspired to be a Seva Granthi for the Panth.

So nobody knows what someone would need to do to invite GuruJi to live at their home??????? Do you get a bir from the Gurdwara????? Do they order one for you?????? How much money do you need??? Does your family have to be a certain size????