[salok] Bhagat Kabeer Jeeo Kae

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

ਕਬੀਰ ਜਹ ਜਹ ਹਉ ਫਿਰਿਓ ਕਉਤਕ ਠਾਓ ਠਾਇ ॥

kabeer jah jah ha-o firi-o ka-utak thaa-o thaa-ay

Kabeer, wherever I go, I see wonders everywhere.

ਇਕ ਰਾਮ ਸਨੇਹੀ ਬਾਹਰਾ ਊਜਰੁ ਮੇਰੈ ਭਾਂਇ ॥੧੪॥

ik raam sanayhee baahraa oojar mayrai bhaaN-ay

But without the devotees of the One Lord, it is all wilderness to me.

“jah” = wherever

“firi-o” = to go, wander

“kautak” = wonder, miracle

“thaa-o” = everywhere, places

“sanayhee” = devotee

“bahraa” = without

“oojar” = lonely

In this Salok Bhagat Kabeer Ji tells us that he has seen many places, and many situations. The world is engrossed in gaining more and more wealth, building fancy buildings and people are going around doing all sorts of manmat things just for the sake of earthly, temporary pleasures.

But Bhagat Ji says that without Sangat in these places– or without anyone who truly remembers Maharaj, the places are barren-like. There is no point in anything there. Nothing grows, nothing is fruitful. In the same way, nothing spiritually beneficial will emerge at a place where Maharaj’s name isn’t recited or where He isn’t thought about.

Rarely do we thank Maharaj for His gifts; we just take things for granted. Like this forum. Or the blankets which keep us warm at night, or MSN which allows us to keep in touch with Sangat across the world. By remaining thankful for these things every time we use them or see them, we can make use of the time Maharaj has given us by remembering Him every second of our lives and appreciating the wonders He creates.

mars_surface.jpg

I know that’s Mars, but it gives an idea of how barren life is without Maharaj in our heads.

~l~

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh