Gursikh Speed Dating Great Idea

Sikhman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not so sure this 'gursikh' speed dating thing is a good idea. what image are we sending out to our kids? i am talking of how this whole set up will be seen from a distance. what sort of future are we setting up for future generations? our actions will change the future and we must tread carefully.

there are many ways of finding your partner, but this seems like a step tooo far. my 13 year old cousin saw this on sikhnet and thought it was ok to 'date' as a sikh!!! i had to explain that this is not correct for a sikh. she argued that she saw this on a sikh website so it must be ok. i tried explaining what 'gursikh' speed dating was, but i felt like a low life explaining it.

Well lets look at different angles of this;

1)Some people looking to find a Sikh "that follows" the lifestyle, and wants that person along similar lines instead of getting introduced to average "punjabi"

2) Not everyones's mussy or aunty is well connected

3) Some people have different thinking and want to keep their parents happy "which doesn't" always work

4) Its better that sikhs find someone on their wavelength ,own rather than, getting introduced to numerous partners that have nothing in common

5) Gives the opportunity, as i know one, girl is a non-amritari, but she wants and amritari guy and wants to join sikhi further through marriage and her own life.

So many choices, it becomes more and more difficult in todays society, with so much going on, I think its a great idea! d_oh.gif

Guest Bass Singh

this is the most dumbest thing ever......... Sikhnet need 2 fix up man! this is a load of crap and 2 me, its PURE POW! y cnt people concentrate on Naam instead of looking 4 a woman or a man 2 "date"! Mahraj knows who u r going 2 marry! Its already written in ur life!

VAHEGUROOOOOOOOOOOOO

sikhman i agree there are advantages of this, BUT there are too many disadvantages which outweigh the lovely plus points you have mentioned. when i was having the conversation with my 13 year old cousin the plus points were not of any use. she thought it was ok for sikhs to date. if she had not spoken to me about this then she would have gone on thinking it is ok. we must b careful with the message we send out. is this a last resort??? life or death situation??? have faith in Guru Maharaj and they will find your perfect partner. why lower your morals for something you will leave behind?????

bass singh, it's seems to be introductory for marriage, which involves getting to know, which is dating but along the road to marriage/family respect, not the average fun partner. :D that comes after the marriage

Piddu, points taken on what stage of your life are you at marriage,uni, college?

beacause ask those on the otherside of 30 weather or not marriage is causing them stress

bass singh, it's seems to be introductory for marriage, which involves getting to know, which is dating but along the road to marriage/family respect, not the average fun partner. :D that comes after the marriage

Piddu, points taken on what stage of your life are you at marriage,uni, college?

beacause ask those on the otherside of 30 weather or not marriage is causing them stress

i am at the stage where i am awaiting death, it is due soon. Guru kirpa i dont get stressed over anything apart from seva, even then the stress is from lack of faith in Guru Maharaj.

what are these over 30s looking for? the perfect 'gursikh'. she has to be slim, good looking, good job etc. i know not all gursikhs have these requirements but most do. it is their own shortfalls that lets them get over 30 and not married. i know there may be an exception, but that is not often. marriage is important, but it is treated like the be all and end all of our lives today. it is just 1 stage of life, lets not get so caught up in it.