[salok] Bhagat Kabeer Jeeo Kae

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

ਕਬੀਰ ਮਾਇਆ ਚੋਰਟੀ ਮੁਸਿ ਮੁਸਿ ਲਾਵੈ ਹਾਟਿ ॥

kabeer maa-i-aa chortee mus mus laavai haat

Kabeer, Maya is the thief, which breaks in and plunders the store.

ਏਕੁ ਕਬੀਰਾ ਨਾ ਮੁਸੈ ਜਿਨਿ ਕੀਨੀ ਬਾਰਹ ਬਾਟ ॥੨੦॥

ayk kabeeraa naa musai jin keenee baarah baat

Only Kabeer is not plundered; he has cut her into twelve pieces.

"chortee" = thief

"mus" = to be robbed

"haat" = shop

"kini" = to do

"baarah" = 12

"baat" = pieces

Here Bhagat Kabeer Ji describes how Maya attacks us. Maya is compared to a thief who robs shops. The thief will find a way of attacking, entering and stealing, if there is no secure barrier to prevent him. In the same way Maya attacks us, through our nine very open doors in order to distract us from remembering Maharaj. Maya tries to rob us of the jewels that we can collect through Maharaj's meditation and love. Maya prevents us from remaining awake to Maharaj's presence and usually succeeds.

Bhagat Kabeer Ji goes on to say that once Maya's crafty purpose is understood, it no longer can pull us away from Maharaj's meditation. Not only will a barrier have been created; that barrier will have so much strength that Maya the Thief is broken into pieces and smashed up. In this way we can over-power Maya and remain undetatched to it.

This will only happen if we actively follow Maharaj. Gursikhi is no part-time job. It's a path which must be integral to and embedded within our souls so that it has a voice wherever we are, whatever we're doing, seeing, hearing, thinking or saying. So many times we doubt Maharaj's Integrity - once we build up our Barrier, even the smallest negativity can make a crack in it if we're not strong enough. The shops of our minds needs purified and defended.

I don't know if the number 12 has more significance here.

Also, I found this amusing. It's quite big so I didn't want to attach it.

Thief

:D:

~l~

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh