Podcasts & New Media For Sikhs

drsavi

Hi everyone,

This forum was recommended to me and I have to say, its a great to see such an excellent facility available. Its a sentiment that I feel strongly about.

Currently, I believe that both G Singh (www.mrsikhnet.com) and I (www.saviarora.com) appear to be some of the limited developers of fresh content for Sikhs to enjoy.

I first started out broadcasting on a satellite channel a few years back (just part-time and for free). I wanted to produce a programme in English, about Sikhs and also to 'act' as a bridge to the wider community. I only did the programme for 6 weeks. I remember my after my first few words in English on my first show, the receptionist barged (OK, rushed into) the studio and said in Punjabi, 'please speak at least a few words in panjabi). Hey! I know how to speak in Panjabi but I wanted to take people with me.

Anyway, it wasn't until at least 2-3 years later that in January 2006, I started a fornightly podcast called: Sikhwithin. You can get it at: www.sikhwithin.com or http://sikhwithin.blogspot.com or straight from itunes.

In addition, you can listen online.

This article is NOT an advert but a suggestion to help people get involved (you can do it with me if you want) to develop effective content for the web - The Internet needs us to develop quality content to ensure that people know who we are - our heritage and way of life.

I look forward to your feedback for the show or just here to hope that we can use today's technology for the benefit for all.

PS Sikhwithin Episode formats are typically, Stories/Histories/Meanings/Shabad Translations and Inspirational music. From Episode 15 onwards I will be revamping the show.